Encounter

"New things might not always be good"

This chapter will be seen through Master Chief's perspective and Samus  will be called "The Assailant" because of my lack of imagination.

Chief landed on the surface of the planet with the unknown energy signature. Turns out, it was a tower. He was far enough from it that he wouldn't be seen if anything were there. The place was covered in white "snow."

"Be careful Chief, this substance is highly corrosive but no enough to melt through your armor. It's liquid form might be strong enough but let's not stick around to find out." Athena said.

"Athena," Chief said "send a message to the Andromeda. Tell them we made it."

"Can't, something's jamming my signal, must be whatever's in that tower." She said.

"I thought you had the most advanced tech in the galaxy." Chief said.

Athena seemed offended by Chief's comment. "This is something neither the UNSC nor the SOSH (Swords of Sanghelios) have ever seen before. It's completely out of my capabilities." She explained.

"Then keep a video record of what goes on here. We'll show them what happened when we get back to the ship" Chief grabbed his guns and trudged through the terrain towards the tower.

"No one seems to be home." Chief said. He would definitely have would have been shot at at that distance from the tower. Just in case though Chief cocked his rifle and pumped his shot gun, y'know just in case.

He was now at the base of the tower. He reached out to touch the structure but thought better of it, he might set off a security alarm.

"I've never seen anything like this before, even with my extensive knowledge." Athena said, her face appearing in the top left corner of Chief's field of view. Chief saw what looked like a door to his right. He stepped closer to it, his rifle raised. The door hissed and it opened for him automatically. He stepped inside cautiously.

The hallways seemed empty, no life to be seen. He continued straight on, cautiously keeping an eye on his radar. He continued to walk through the empty corridors when a red blimp appeared on his radar. "Chief, be careful. We don't know if it is friendly or hostile." Athena said. He just nodded and waited for it. He holstered his gun and pulled out his handy dandy combat knife from its compartment in his right shin.

"From the right" Athena warned. He stepped out of his cover to reveal himself fully. If the creature stopped, he would make contact but if it attacked then it will be to the death. The creature currently running towards him was unlike any of them  have ever seen. It hard a hard exterior with multiple points in its body glowing red. It had a pincer like structure on its right hand and a wicked looking blade on its left hand. It looked like it had a hard exterior, but that remained to he seen.

The creature didn't stop. Instead it raised it's bladed arm and swiped at him. Chief dodged easily, sidestepping to the left. He brought his knife down on the creatures back but it just bounced off. The creature attempted to swipe again at him. Chief just repeated his movements, this time sidestepping to the right. Chief raised the knife over his head and put his left hand over his right hand and slammed it down into the creatures back. The knife cracked through the creatures armor and into its flesh effectively killing it in one blow. The red glowing spots began to dim into nothingness.

"Looked like it's weapons are grafted onto its body surgically. Talk about commitment." Athena analyzed. "It seems to have a hard carapace but the real question is, can bullets penetrate it?"