Fisticuffs

Samus stared at Master Chief before her. He looked robust and sturdy like a wall. She was confident that she could beat him, she's fought tougher looking enemies before. Mother brain was a bitch to kill, she just kept coming back to life over and over again. Those damn space pirates could use a change in leadership once in a while.

Chief was a foot taller than her without her Varia Suit but with it on it gave her the extra boost she needed to match him in height. Strength was another thing, she could tell that she would have to get serious in fighting him. The killer aura from Chief alone made her hair stand on edge.

Her energy was already at 79% because of the two shots she received earlier. His weapon seemed to be very primitive, still using ballistic ammunition instead of plasma based weapons like everybody was using these days. Still even though it was primitive it was really powerful and effective. The Varia suit absorbed most of the damage but she still felt the kick behind the shots.

A tiny plop echoed through the room and the two combatants charged at each other. They started off with a right hook, each finding their mark on each others helmet. They both stumbled back for a moment before raising their respective weapons. Samus fired two plasma shots at her opponent. Chief rolled to dodge the bullets and fired his own shots. She did her best to minimize the damage but it was still there. Her suit energy was now at 72%.

They charged at each other again, entering each others kill-zones. Samus threw a left hook aimed at Chief's head. He countered it by ducking and performing a leg sweep attempting to knock Samus off her feet. She jumped high into the air to dodge it, which surprised the Master Chief. She aimed her arm canon at Chief while she was in the air and fired a volley power beams at Chief. Chief dodged a couple of shots but he got hit by the few remaining shots , knocking him down. His hard-light shield was now at half energy and it would take a while for it to recharge to full again. He made a note to avoid getting hit by those in the future.

Samus landed back on the platform with a loud thud just as Chief got back onto his feet.

Chief was done playing around. He didn't know what this thing was but he was going to have to defeat it to complete his objective and that was to destroy this tower and eliminate the threat. He had to get out of this place alive in order for him to report back to The Commander and receive the next set missions until either the UNSC ran out of missions to give him, which was unlikely, or until the higher-ups decide to suspend him again for fear of over working himself to death, and they cant lose their most powerful meat tool ever created now can they? He decided to end this their little dance of death with the field that was drilled into his head since he was just a cadet...

Samus had enough of this thing. She hated to admit it but she had underestimated it. Not many of her foes were able to take what she dished out and give back just as much. 'OK, play times over' Samus thought. She knew that she had to get past this thing before she could reach her goal and that was to destroy this tower and collect her reward. Then she would chase the next bounty until the Galactic Federation needed her help in bailing their asses out of a situation again.

Chief shifted his stance a little. Samus' body tensed in preparation to counter whatever it was going to throw at her. She was prepared for anything... except a shotgun flying toward her face. It took her a moment to realize that the thing had thrown its weapon at her, it was a good thing that she had inhuman reflexes, she was able to bat the weapon away from her with her arm canon since it was the closest thing to the projectile weapon.

It was a bad move since she was now left wide open without a weapon pointed at the thing. She attempted to bring her arm canon back in front of her when a massive hand stopped it from getting any further.