Chapter Seven

_________________

Chapter Seven; Not Edited

"Sorry about the wait!"

I said as I ran up to the lilac boy who was leaning against the school wall smoking a cigarette. Smoking is a horrible habit and I don't understand why people do it when it shortens their life in half. The taller boy turned around in my direction and put out his cigarette before smiling. "It's fine Calum. I had to do something anyway."

"What did you have to do?" I asked curiously and shook my head as the words processed in my head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to get into your business." A laugh from him made me stop my rambling session and he quickly started to speak. "Calum, you're fine. You're the least nosy person I've ever met."

I let out a sigh of relief and asked him if he wanted to go to the schools garden to talk and he quickly agreed. "So what up's? Why have you seem so down lately."

I bit the inside of my lip as I tried to think of the best way to explain this to him about the notes. "Hold on let me read this note I received from someone." I remembered that Ryder gave me a note that he got from Ashton and I wanted to read it before I forget about it.

Hey Cal! Can I call you that? Anyway I'm sorry about ditching you at lunch. You seem very nice and I would love to get to know you more. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. - A.

"Who's that note from?" I heard Niall from where he was sitting on the stool looking at me with furrowed eyebrows as I looked up in his direction.

"Ashton." I simply replied as I ignored the puzzled look from the lilac boy. "You seem like you know him."

"I know his stepbrother very well." Niall said with a worried expression on his pale face. "I need you to stay away from Michael."

I stopped putting my note away and looked up at the boy with furrowed eyebrows. "Why?" I asked, pushing my frame glasses against my nose as I waited for a answer from the lilac boy.

"He is someone you shouldn't mess with." I frowned at hearing those words. "Ashton is fine and he won't cause any trouble with you." I let out a sigh of relief because I liked the hazel brown eyed boy and I see us becoming good friends.

"Michael has a bad temper and it's worse than Luke's." Niall said as he folded his arms across the wooden table that we were sitting at. "I would know because I've dealt with it emotionally and have bruises to show it."

At first I didn't believe him until he lifted his sleeve to show many scars and bruises lining his pale arm and the sight made my eyes go wide with shock. What the hell? Did Michael really do this to the lilac boy? These thoughts kept going through my head as my mind started to drift to Ashton and how he has to live with the dyed redhead boy.

"Oh my god." I lifted my hand to my mouth as I saw purple and gray marks surrounding the bruises on his arm. "What happened?" I questioned him with concern in my voice and Niall clearly heard it because he gave me a small smile.

"I was mouthing off to him and he told me to stop but I didn't listen and finally he just snapped." I saw Niall shudder as he told me what happened to him. "He pushed me to the wall and gripped my arms to tight. He didn't stop until Luke found us and he had to drag Michael out of the room to calm him down." The lilac boy placed his hand on mine and told me to stay away from the redhead and I quickly agreed. "So tell me what was bothering you in class."

"Um, this is going to sound very strange but I have been receiving random notes in my stuff ever since winter break finished." I said as I bit my lip as I stared at him, waiting for his reaction but I didn't really get one.

"What's wrong with getting notes in your locker?" Niall asked as I watched him pull out his phone and quickly started to type on the mobile device. "I mean that's nice of the person to spend their time writing them for you."

"You don't understand Niall." I replied in a calm manner as I tried not to lose my temper with the lilac boy. "At first the notes were thoughtful but now their getting to the point were I'm feeling like the person is stalking me."

"Person? Doesn't the note giver have a name?" The lilac boy looked extremely confused as I shook my head to indicate that I have no clue who this person is. "So that's what has been bothering you. You're feeling scared because you have someone watching you and you've no idea who it is."

"Exactly." I started to nibble on my lip at how Niall finally understood what was going on with my situation. "I'm going to be on high alert to make sure nothing happens to me if the notes get to extreme to my liking."

A ding coming from Niall's direction pulled me out of my rambling and I saw the boy looking at his phone with examining eyes. "You should do that." All of sudden he started to gather his stuff which made me get up as well. "Calum. I think you need to stay away from me." He said, backing away slowly, leaving me confused.

"Niall, what's the matter." I said, taking a step forward to the lilac boy. "You look like you seen a ghost or something." My eyes examined his now pale face which was paler than it has ever been before and his lips seemed to be filled with fright.

"Just stay away from me."

_________

Oh, what do you think happened? And how did you like this chapter? Please leave some votes and a comment with feedback. We will do a double update today, maybe triple.

- Kirsten & Claire