Chapter 99

Alei

"So how are you feeling babe."

"Girl I don't know what it is about this London environment, but I feel great." She laughed.

"Yeah I know what you mean. When I was there and pregnant with Anthony, aside from the different food scents messing with me, it was just so wonderful."

"Enough about me and this little hija I'm having, how are you."

"Well." I stressed.

Using my left hand to play with my hair for her to see.

"Aleisha Nicole?"

"Yes Valentina?"

"What is that on your finger?"

"What this?" I looked at my hand then showed her. "Oh my engagement ring." I smiled.

"He proposed?"

"Yes he did."

"When? Where? How?"

"Two weeks ago, when we went to dinner and he just did it."

"Like get down on one knee did it?"

"Okay well here's how it went." I adjusted myself in my chair. "I came back from the bathroom and saw this rectangular box but it was facing him. All I saw was a bracelet and a chain."

"Oh okay."

"Yeah So before he said anything, I told him I was think it's time to tell the children about us and that's when he said well we're on the boat and turned it around."

"Do you have a picture?"

"Yeah, hold on."

Going into my camera roll, I found it and sent it to her.

"Was that how he had it set up?"

"Yeah and while I sat there in shock, he got up and came in front of me, took it out, got down on one knee and said he wants me to be his forever." I smiled thinking back on the moment."

"I'm so happy for you Alei."

"And I am happy. Like these past nineteen months been so amazing. He's just so different you know."

"I know. Even from our conversations alone I knew you were truly happy. Plus it reflected in the children as well."

"Yeah."

"So have you told them yet or anyone for that matter?"

"I told my parents but we both agreed on how it will be told to them. I just hope that they accept it."

"You know they will."

Sitting in silence, I fiddled with my ring. Though I've been wearing it off and on, no one has really noticed it.

"You'll be fine love. Just trust your instinct."

Putting my attention on Val, I smiled through my tears. Lord and her knew that all I wanted was internal happiness. I did all I had to do to ensure everyone around me was good and now it has been time for me to do the same for me.

"My instinct says this is right."

"Well then it's right." She smiled. "Y'all talked about it since?"

"We did, up to last night. We both agreed on how simple we want it to be."

"Simple? You? And judging by that picture, him? Good luck." She laughed. "But I'm ready to hear how things go when y'all tell them crazy children you got."