Bonus Chapter 5

Alei

"You have everything?"

Looking at Aug, he looked back at his bag then at me.

"I believe so." He shrugged.

We were on our way to New York after Gabe called us after one this morning panicking. Lexie water had broke and reality had kicked in that he was becoming a father and according to Aug, like the momma's boy that he is, he called me specifically.

"Can you double check?"

"Alei, we ain't going on a vacation you know." He chuckled.

"Okay babe." I simply nodded.

Taking our bags, he went downstairs while I went and gathered my babies. Approaching Nasir and Ava's door, I heard Anthony's voice.

"Y'all sure y'all used the bathroom?"

"I did, Nas didn't." Ava spoke.

Peeping through, I saw where he was helping them get dressed and that made me smile. The way he cared for them was the same way Gabe did with him and it warmed my heart that it continued.

"Nas go use the bathroom. Ava bring the shoes you wanna wear."

"I want to wear my converse." She said excitedly.

Knocking on the door, I made my presence known.

"Nas, you heard what your brother told you?"

"Yes momma." He got up and went.

"Ava love, wear your sandals, we're flying commercial so I don't want to have a keep back."

"Okay." She said in her sad voice.

Kissing her on her forehead, I looked over at Anthony. "I love you." I playfully pulled on his ears.

"I love you too momma." He laughed.

"And before you ask, I love you too little lady."

Blushing, she sat on the floor while putting on her sandals. When Nasir came back into the room, I gave him some love as well before we all left.

"I thought y'all got lost." Aug said as we came down the stairs.

Laughing, as I set the alarm, he got Ava settled while Nasir stood by me till I was finished. Taking my hand, he basically dragged me to the car.

"Three momma's boys we got." Aug shook his head as I strapped Nasir in.

"At least they'll know how to treat women." I smirked as I got into the car.

Side eyeing me, he didn't say anything, which made me laugh a little. Resting my arm on the back of his seat, I played with his curls. Gaining a smile from him, he glanced at me then lightly shook his head.

"You know you like it when I do it."

"I do." He nodded. "Did Mirah get a flight out?"

"I don't know." I said getting my phone.

Pressing her contact, I put the phone on speaker. I was so caught up in playing with Aug's hair that I zoned out.

"Baybeh?" Aug called while I heard Mirah calling me.

"Sorry love, I zoned out."

"That's fine. What's up?"

"Were you able to get a flight?"

"There were flights but they were so expensive."

"Well they are last minute lady bug." I snickered.