Burn

Elliott's Pov:

My face hurts.

My heart hurts.

This is a complete disaster. I'm pretty sure my face is bruised from the impact of Zayns hit. He didnt mean to though. But Louis is still pretty pissed off. He's currently on the phone with various management people, yelling about the whole fight that went down on national television.

Ellen was picked up from the neighbors, and is in her room sleeping. I hold ice to my face, numbing the pain away.

Louis slams his phone back on the bed, sighing in frustration. He looks at me, and hugs me even tighter.

" I'm so sorry. " He says for the millionth time.

" You did nothing wrong-"

" He HIT you, El. "

" It was an accident. " I wave him off.

" Just another reason why I shouldn't get involved in things. " I huff, getting up. I walk over to Ellen's room, and check on her. And yet again, she's just looking around, not sleeping.

" You need to sleep moo. " I mumble, and pick her up. She claps my arm, and her eyes go on my ice, she touches it before squealing in curiosity.

" It's cold. " I coo, and bring her back into our room.

" She's not sleeping again? " Louis says.

" It's only twice. She is a light sleeper. " I cradle her with me, and Louis touches her face. Then he goes over my swelling cheek.

" I'll kill him. " he mutters. I send him a warning glare to drop the subject.

Ellen plays with my hair, sits up.

" LOUIS. " I gasp. Ellen is sitting up all alone. I feel my tears gathering in my eyes, as I take a picture with my phone.

" My baby. " I begin to sadden. She's growing up already.

Louis picks her up, and lifts her in the air.

" Stop being so cute. " He playfully demands. Her eyes crinkle just like his as she smiles. I wipe my tears away and lay back down. But I check the time again, and it's late.

" We should probably get her to sleep, she can't be up too late. " I turn to him. Louis places Ellie back down, and onto his chest. She lifts her head up at me, before laying it back down. I continue watching the cute moment between the two.

Ellen goes back to sleep, and so does Louis. I put blankets over us, before turning the light off.

----

In the morning, the pain in my cheek has decreased. Thank god. But a huge purple mark pastes across my left side. Ellen is awake by the time I come out of the bathroom.

She taps Louis' face a few times, slowly trying to move on his chest.

His eyes open, and move straight down to the smiling child.

" Well hello. " He mumbles, wiping his eyes.

" What are you doing today? " I ask, rummaging through clothes. I'm only wearing a shirt and underwear so.

" After the fight, everyone was sent home to relax. You? " I pull on sweat pants, and walk out.

" Nothing really. My face still somewhat hurts." I sit down next to them.

" Maybe we can find something to do for the next few days. " My mind goes directly on an idea.

" You know, we never had our honeymoon....." I cough.