Bummer Vacation

It comes to be night time. Louis is passed out on the bed, and Ellen is sleeping in between us.

The thought is eating away at me. I should just ask him? I don't know. It seems stupid, but I just want to know that Zayn didn't actually mean to hit me. He seemed pretty pissed, so I wouldn't blame him if he did it on purpose.

I find myself grazing his contact on my phone.

Do it. Just ask.

No, dont. He already hates you enough. Do it. Dont. Do IT. DONT.

" God. " I press call as if it was going to explode. I walk out of the room, shutting the door, and go out onto the beach.

A few rings, and I start getting nervous. He probably won't even a-

" Hello? " Zayns deep accent answers.

" Hi. " I squeak, biting my thumb nail.

" Hey. " He impatiently says.

" I wanted to ask you something? " I pace up and down the damp shore line.

" Yep. " I wait a second, then sigh.

" Remember the fight last night? " I ask.

" Well, I'm getting shit about it from plenty of people. Yeah. " He snorts, and I roll my eyes.

" Did you seriously punch me in the face? "

" Is there a bruise on you're cheek? " I cross my arms.

" I mean...did you do it on purpose? "

" What? Of course not! You were in the middle and it just happened..."

" That's all I needed. " I begin to hang up.

" You thought I would do it on PURPOSE? " He echoes.

" You are mad at me. I would just.-"

" I would never hit a girl, Elliott. I'm sorry that I did, it was an accident. " I kind of feel bad, but I don't believe him in a way.

" Alright. Thanks. " I say.

" Good night. " he mumbles and hangs up.

I turn around and bump into a person.

" Who was that? " Louis ruffles his hair. I freeze and put my phone away.

" Just a friend. " I simply say, avoiding conversation about Zayn.

" Oh. How's Zayn? " He smirks sarcastically.

" He's fin-" Oh no.

" Thanks. " He takes his phone out.

" DONT! " I try to take it from him, but he lifts it up.

" I'll give that little bastard-"

" I called him! " I admit. He puts his hand down, and looks at me weirdly.

" What? " He frowns.

" I just talked to him for a bit. " I bite my cheek, and draw with my feet in the grain.

" Why talk to him? "

" I just talked to him. It was nothing of you're business. " I walk back up to the house.

" None of my business? " Louis barks. I continue back into the cold sun room.

His foot steps follow me into the kitchen.

" I think it is my business, El. After what he did, I don't trust him. Better yet, I don't trust you! " He continues on.

" Don't trust me? I thought we were past this! " I argue back, holding into the counter.

" You tried lying about you're little talk with Zayn. Yeah, I trust you a lot. " He half laughs .

" Maybe because I want you to still be friends with him! It's hard seeing everyone fight like this. " I walk into the bedroom, and he's following me.

" Maybe it's not you're problem. " I turn to face him.

" Im in this. We are ALL in this. I just want you guys to be happy. " I sigh.

" There you go! Being little miss happy pants. You can't do everything! "

" I like being happy. And I like you being happy. Everyone deserves to be happy. This is why I try to fix things. You know what, I won't try anymore. I won't try to do ANYTHING for you, for anyone! " I retaliate.

" Good! That's great! You can be ALL like-" He begins to yell, but small crying interrupts his speech.

I pick up Ellen and hold her.

" Thanks. Just what I need. " I rock her slowly, scolding him.

" You yelled too. " He grabs a pillow, and walks out of the room. I walk out, and watch him get settled onto the small couch.

" You are not. " I shake my head.

" Why should I sleep in the same room as someone who doesn't want to do anything for me? " He waves me off.

I move closer, and lean onto the couch.

" I didn't mean it. I'm sorry. " I rock Ellen a bit more. He doesn't move, just looks at the tv. I sigh heavily, and walk back into the room, letting the door shut.

-

Louis' Pov:

The pains in my back awake me from my sleep. Damn couch, I look around the room. The back door is open, letting the curtains breeze.

A small figure is sitting out on the porch, holding a mug. It's almost light outside, but with a shadowy over cast.

I rub my face, and stretch. I shuffle outside, and up to the figure.

" Hey. "

" Oh. " Elliott holds her chest, looking frightened by my presence.

I sit next to her, and pick at the chipping wood of the boards.

" Are you alright? " She asks softly, sipping out of her mug, which I assume is juice.

" Yeah. I'm fine. I was more worried about you. " I look to her. She is staring out at the ocean.

" Im sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. " I touch her hand.

" The feelings mutual. I'm sorry. " Her eyes meet mine. They lock for a few moments, before she kisses me. I squeeze her hand, and she leans into me. It feels almost better each time I touch her. Not sexually, although that's great, but she's so soft and sweet, like an angel. Even if she is mad at you, you can still feel the sweetness of of her glowing complexion.

" So much for a honeymoon. " She mutters, sipping her mug. The sun is peeking out, and the morning sky is rising. She is right, this started out bad. I'll make it up to her soon.

" What do you want to do today? " El asks, ruffling her hair.

" Anything really. " I shrug, rubbing her back lightly.

" We should go to the Zoo. " Her voice lightens. She looks at me with excitement.

" Oh Ellen would love it. " She smiles, and I look back out the house.

" Speaking of which, a child has been left in the house alone. Were good parents. " El jumps up and runs back inside, leaving me to follow her foot prints in the sand.

" Come here! " Her voice gapes, squeezing the poor child.

El kisses her cheeks, and holds her normally.

My phone buzzes, and the caller ID is

Simon Cowell

I hesitantly answer it.

" Whatever you are doing, get up to head quarters, NOW. "