Chapter 1: Something Money Can't Buy

- Mc's point-of-view -

The morning rays lazily shine through the curtains and with a refreshing good night sleep my eyes flutter open. I find myself wrapped up in Eisuke's arm and not making a noise I tilt my head slightly so I can gaze upon the sleeping face of my husband. He got home late last night due to having to fly from England back to Dubai, usually he wakes up long before I do but in this case it's no surprise that he is still asleep. I feel so peaceful and as I reach to brush some bangs that cover his eyelids to the side of his face - a certain noise fills the air.

The sound of running footsteps becomes louder and louder until two young figures stop at my side of the bed. "Shhh you're going to wake up daddy!" "No you shhh you're being to noisy!" Sitting up quietly my gaze meets the gazes of our two children, Ichigo and Eirin. A warm smile crosses my lips as I escape from Eisuke's hold and the silky sheets to get out of bed. Picking up Eirin and taking the hand of Ichigo we make our exist before we can wake up the sleeping Ichinomiya. With a silent click, we close the bedroom door and not being able to keep quiet anymore Eirin burst out her ideas for breakfast, "Mommy can we have pancakes? Or wait um no me want waffles!". Ichigo, Eirin's five year old twin brother, tugs my hand as we walk down the hallway towards the kitchen, "Yeah mom can we have waffles pleaseeee?" Laughing softly I nod my head in approval, "Oh course we can have waffles for breakfast." Once in the kitchen I set Eirin on a chair and help Ichigo on to the chair next to her. Currently the four of us are at our house in Dubai on the private island, so the sound of the waves crashing on the shore is like music to my ears as I start making the mixture for the waffles. Before the hour is over, there is two happy children eating waffles and a coffee pot filled to the brim with delicious coffee. With a moment to rest, I watch the orange and red sunrise as it becomes more and more beautiful. Lost in thought my attention is dragged back to reality when I hear a muffled giggle from Eirin. In the movement of turning around, I'm stopped short due to a pair of masculine arms wrapping me up in a hug. Resting his head in the curve of my neck, a muffled "Good morning." reaches my ears. I squirm slightly in Eisuke's hold for the tickling sensation from his good morning kisses climbing up my neck is driving me crazy. His blissful attack comes to a stop with one last kiss on my lips, but by now my checks are embarrassedly flushed and seeing so a satisfied grin appears on his handsome face before he turns around. Walking over he gives Ichigo and Eirin a kiss on the head before sitting down in his usual spot at the dinning room table. Trying to calm myself down and get my cheeks back to their normal color, I prepare Eisuke his usual cup of coffee. By now the waffles on the twin's plates are gone and after finishing his cup of juice a question emerges from Ichigo's mouth, "Mom isn't today the day Mrs. Kisaki is coming over?" I tilt my head slightly in thought while I place Eisuke's morning cup of coffee on the table. "Let's see if I remember right she's coming to deliver a painting Ota created for us in celebration of your dad's and my 5th wedding anniversary." Eisuke nods in agreement as I start to pick up the empty dishes from the twins' breakfast, "Just be happy Ota isn't coming with her, we don't need that kind of annoyance." A giggle escapes Eirin's smiling mouth, "Daddy don't be mean!" Her untamed bedhead hair which is currently accompanied by an adorable smile makes Eirin's effort to defend Ota goes unheard and soon she finds herself being lifted up in the air. A mischievous grin appears on Eisuke's face as he continues to spin the laughing Eirin around the room, "The only men you are allowed to defend is your brother and me young lady."

 Ichigo and I watch from afar with smiles on our faces - knowing full well that Eirin has no chance of winning. Climbing down from the chair, Ichigo comes to my side with a quizzical expression on his charming face; crouching down I look into his face with concern. "What's troubling you Ichigo, are you nervous meeting Ota and Asuka's son?" Ichigo looks away as I hit the nail on the head but soon he responds with a slight pout, "It's not like I'm nervous mom it's just I don't know what to expect... he's the son of Ota Kisaki." I smile fondly at my son, for at times like this he reminds me so much of Eisuke, with a gentle touch I brush away his bangs and tuck them behind his ear. "Well the last time you two were together was way back when you both were babies so it's only understandable why you don't remember him. Plus Ota and Asuka have been living in France for the past years, but don't worry Ichigo I know for sure you two will get along plus you always have Eirin if you do need assisstance." Now a smile graces Ichigo's face as he looks up at me, the same confidence that I often see in Eisuke's eyes are now in his. The four of us continue to enjoy our time together in the lazy rays of the morning sun that has unfolded for us, but it isn't long before we hear the sound of a helicopter landing and the chime of the doorbell echoing throughout the villa.

- To be Continued -