CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

His eyes grew wide with horror as he read through her records. He remembered the night that her house burned down. The night she disappeared. Then he remembered Cadieh's conversation with his father, everything seemed to click into place. How could he have misunderstood, He turned to the next page where he saw the details about how her father had found her and how she arrived at the Emergency Room of the hospital.

He turned to the next few pages, trembling at why his father didn't tell him. He was on the verge of tears. He didn't know. Why didn't his father tell him!?

He had read through most of the Cadieh's medical records but when he got to the last page where the doctor included his assessment. He froze as read "HER TONGUE WAS CUT OFF"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!!?" he was in disbelief how could he have not noticed? "Cadieh...."

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" it was Ookurikara's father. He didn't wait for his son's reply but marched passed him as he pulled his phone and dialed a number. Then a doctor came out from a room down the hall and took him inside the mini operating room.

Ookurikara pressed an ice pack over his swollen right cheek. His father had punched him a while ago when it was confirmed that Cadieh was out of danger again. His father had explained everything that happened and why they didn't tell him. Cadieh wanted to leave him in the dark so he wouldn't worry but she didn't know this was going to happen.

He handed his son another think envelope before he left and told him to thinking about what he did after reading the content of the envelope. He had Cadieh's virginity checked because he knew that his son was hell bent on having the girl. She was never to know that he asked for her to be checked.

Ookurikara stared at the envelope when he saw Cadieh being rolled out of the Operating room to one of the wards she stated in. He followed silently until he was alone with her.