episode i, scene ii: love kills slowly

episode one, scene two: love kills slowly

They arrived at the temple soon after. A feeling of peace radiated off the building and washed over Belén, putting her at ease after she had escaped certain death just moments earlier. The door of the speeder opened up slowly and Anakin stepped out of it quickly. In a flash, he went around to her side and offered his hand to help her get out so that she wouldn't stumble and fall. 

"Thank you." She smiled at him politely, holding onto his hand tightly as she stepped off the speeder. She had never been in one before and it had been a completely new experience for her. Belén shook away her thoughts when she realized she had been staring too long at the young padawan learner. There was just something about him that made her smile, and smile like an idiot. She felt what she had never felt before and it was a new feeling of fondness that she couldn't shake away, but she couldn't say she wanted the feeling to dissipate. It was a good feeling.

Anakin led her up a long set of stairs that led tot he entrance and down one of the hallways expertly, once they were inside. The two walked in silence until they got to the door he was searching for.

Belén crossed her arms over her chest, trying to stop the shivers that still wracked her small frame. Her eyes looked down at the ground to find that the rain soaked Jedi robe was definitely dragging on the ground and it would be in serious need of a washing. She thought that perhaps she would later wash it for him as a thank you gift. 

He knocked on the door gently, just loud enough for the person in the room to hear it, his knuckles going into contact with the big wooden door that separated them from whoever was inside. When there was no answer, he knocked one more time, that time a bit harder. Still nothing. Anakin sighed in frustration and opened the door without waiting for an answer, pulling Belén into the room with him. In the simple living quarters was a bed and not much else, but on the bed laid the sleeping form of a man. He was a Jedi, and she assumed that he had to be a friend of Anakin's if he was waking them at odd hours of the night to ask for help.

"Obi-Wan." Anakin called out. 

Belén watched anxiously to see who the man was, and why Anakin had taken her to him.

"Who is he?" The green eyed girl asked curiously. She got on her tiptoes and leaned in curiously to study the new person she was soon about to meet. His dark blonde hair fell over his forehead in a mess and she observed his facial features. He was a good looking man, and didn't appear to be too much older than Anakin. He was sleeping in his Jedi clothes, with his boots still on his feet. Belén figured that he must have had a long day.

He replied to her question about a minute later. "He's my master. He has taught me everything I know, and I want him to meet you. He'll know what to do." He nodded towards the still sleeping figure on the bed as he spoke.

The man groaned and opened his eyes, but it hadn't been until Anakin switched on the lights in the room. "What is it, Anakin?" He asked the young man slowly, automatically assuming that it was him disturbing his sleep. He sounded extremely tired and Belén quickly sensed that he wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep. Obi-Wan shook himself fully awake when he sensed another presence in the room. "What is this young woman doing here?" He took one look at her, and added, appalled, "And why is she wearing your robe?"