Four Heads Are Better Than Two

Chapter 29:Four Heads Are Better Than Two

P.S. Snaptrappers do not belong to me,they belong to Dreamworks Dragons.There is probably no Snaptrapper Island,but if there is,it belongs to Dreamworks Dragons as well.

We flew north for a pretty short time since Snaptrapper Island wasn't that far off."Snaptrappers are four-headed dragons with triple-split mouths.They can release a very sweet-smelling,intoxicating smell of chocolate to lure in humans and dragons to eat,but they can also release a really bad-smelling scent to ward off predators.It also likes rain and loves playing in the mud.It also sometimes mistakes flowers for other Snaptrappers since their open mouths look like flowers themselves,"I explained,recalling information from all the time I had spent reading.

Snaptrapper Island loomed in the distance.As we landed,a sudden scent in the air jolted my senses."Chocolate.This island must have many Snaptrappers for the scent to be so strong,"Astrid guessed.We gazed around.The area was flat and sprinkled with bushes here and there,and also many flowers with three red petals on each."Watch out.These flowers look very much like Snaptrapper mouths.You never know if any of these flowers are Snaptrappers themselves,"Hiccup warned."Now,we just gotta find one,tame it and get the saliva,"I planned.

We walked around the island,occasionally hearing loud hisses or the sound of rustling leaves.Then,we entered a dense,dark forest."Stay close together,"Hiccup told us.We huddled together and travelled as a group.Now,there were alot more hisses and rustles and whatnot everywhere.And the smell of chocolate getting stronger and stronger.Chills ran up my spine.

HISS!Everyone turned to see what we had been anticipating:a giant,hungry Snaptrapper.Its mouths were wide open and ready to swallow all of us up.I coughed as the scent of chocolate got way too strong for my body to stand.The Snaptrapper turned its attention to me.I stood stockstill as it sniffed me with interest.I nearly suffocated trying to hold back a loud cough.The four deadly heads surrounded me.One nipped at my hair.Another bit off the toe of my boots.The third sniffed my satchel curiously.The fourth just eyed me hungrily.Out of the blue,a whistle rang through the air.The Snaptrapper and I turned around to see another Snaptrapper!Then something hit me:this wasn't a Snaptrapper!It was merely Death and Skull crouching on Barf and Belch's back!When they stood like that,they looked just like a Snaptrapper!Their bodies were hidden in a large bush,and only their necks and heads poked out.The real one immediately left me and went forward to check the two Zipplebacks out.Death and Skull looked extremely uncomfortable.For a few minutes,the Snaptrapper walked round and round the Zipplebacks,then nudged their faces as a form of greeting,not noticing that they weren't a Snaptrapper at all.

The Snaptrapper turned to us,but it didn't look quite as fierce.Hiccup went forward.He extended his palm and looked away.The Snaptrapper hesitated,then all four heads bowed and touched his palm.Hiccup grinned and patted each head."Someone get me a flask,"he said.I tossed one to him and he gathered saliva from one head's mouth."Okay,I guess we can leave right about now,"Hiccup stowed it away in my satchel.Death,Skull,Barf and Belch separated.The Snaptrapper watched and grunted in shock.Suddenly,it hissed and snapped at Hiccup."Um...what's it doing?"Oliver questioned,backing away."I have no idea,but I definitely know that we gotta move,"Nevaeh answered.We backed away from the Snaptrapper.Suddenly,it gave a huge roar.Out of the blue,many more Snaptrappers appeared from all directions,growling and hissing fiercely."Sky!"Hiccup shouted,mounting Toothless.Everyone got on their dragons,shot straight up through the canopy of leaves and into the open air.But the Snaptrappers were quicker than expected.They were right on our tails."RETREAT!"someone yelled.We zoomed off as fast as we could.

The Snaptrappers suddenly spit a huge glob of green liquid at us.As the liquid darted past my face,I felt the searing heat rush past my face and smelled the familiar,subtly-sour scent of the dangerous liquid Changewings spit:acid."Hiccup!Make a note!Snaptrappers spit acid!"I shouted to him,but to my surprise I didn't see him anywhere.Just as I was about to ask somebody where he was,a Snaptrapper head snapped at my satchel.The straps were ripped off the bag and before I knew it,the bag was out of sight."NO!"I cried.Without second thought,I jumped off Frostbite and dived.Then I realised what I was doing and panicked."HELP!"I screamed.Reaching out my hand,I secured the bag,but barely.

A sudden flash of white sliced the air past my eyes.The next moment,I felt a firm,scaly surface beneath my body.Chilly air no longer rushed by my face.I realised I was lying upon something."Gotcha!"someone declared.I sat up and turned around.Jessica was grinning proudly at me as I fidgeted to sit properly on Mayhem."Gee,thanks,"I smiled shakily back.I whipped around to check if any more Snaptrappers were after us."We shook 'em off!Take that,Snaptrappers!You ain't no match for Sassy Cassie!"Cassie yelled.Sure enough,not a single Snaptrapper was after us anymore.We began heading back to Berk to store the ingredients we had carefully and to prepare to set off for Fireworm Island.

Fireworm Island...Home to the deadly,over-protective Fireworm Queen...