Jack fell down and broke his crown.

Chapter 3 

 After the disastrous event, all the young ballerina’s were sent back to their quarters, except Lilly. Dame Petal had other plans for her and hence ordered Lilly to accompany her to her mansion. Of course they didn’t win the competition and this disturbed Dame Petal a lot. Lilly wasn’t sure what to expect, but noticing how quiet Dame Petal was throughout the journey, she guessed that it won’t be good.

 Back in the Girls dormitory the atmosphere was pretty gloomy. All the girls were upset about the unfortunate event that occurred in their performance. The girls were not in their usual spirit and were seen wasting their time, sulking and brooding over what had already happened.

 “It’s all her fault.” Dandelion yelled and accused Rose, who was brushing her hair.

 Rose ignored Dandelion and continued brushing, she also ignored the occasional stares she received from the other girls who had doubts that she was the culprit.

 “Stop acting innocent!” Dandelion said and pulled the hair brush from Rose’s hand.

 All the girls crowded and circled Rose and Dandelion. It was nothing new, every time Rose and Dandelion would get into an argument, they would all crowd and support either Rose or Dandelion. But this time they all supported Dandelion because some where they all knew that Rose was the main reason they had lost the ballet  competition.

 “Don’t you have anything to say?” Dandelion stared and asked her rudely.

 “She will have something to say only if she had done something.” Violet replied and tried to defend Rose. 

 “Violet, I know you’re her best friend, but that doesn’t mean you can ignore the fact that she ruined our performance.” Dandelion said and looked at the rest who nodded their heads in agreement.

 “Yes, she is right, had it not been for Rose’s slipper, we could have won the competition.” A girl from the crowd said out loud.

“What makes you think it was her slipper that slipped and fell off?” Violet asked the girl and kept her hand on Rose’s shoulder.

 No sooner did Violet say that, all the girls including Dandelion started looking at Rose’s  feet. They were searching for her ballet slippers because they were sure they would find only one  and not the other.

 “ Looking for these?” Violet said holding out the pair of slippers in her delicate hands.

 “If it was she, then mind explaining how she has both her slippers?’ Violet raised her eyebrows and looked at every girl who had supported Dandelion.

 The girls were surprised on seeing the pair of slippers, they slowly dispersed and went back to their seats. They all whispered and discussed about who the actual culprit was and how Rose had managed to have both her slippers by her side. Dandelion was not convinced, she frowned and said, “I know it was you.”

 After the discussion stopped, Lady Oak ordered everyone to head to the dining room for supper. Rose waited for everyone to leave and then looked at Violet.

 “She is right…it was me, Violet” Rose said and explained everything in detail to Violet.

 “What?...the gentleman found your other slipper?” Violet gasped.

 “That is so embarrassing Rose…I had told you to tie it securely.” Violet reminded her and hit her head with her hand in disappointment.

 They both knew what Dame Petal was going through at the moment. She had left the theater in haste , taking Lilly along with her. This was a big opportunity for their ballet school and Rose had messed it up. She felt guilty and thought whether it was the right thing to go and tell Dame Petal that it was her fault that they lost the competition. Violet agreed with Rose’s thoughts and encouraged her to go to the mansion to tell the truth to Dame Petal.