Goodbye light blue eyes....

Chapter 5

The next morning….

“Rose...Rose,..wake up, sleeping beauty.” Violet jumped on the bed and yelled in Rose’s ear.

Rose woke up with a start and went back to sleep again. She covered her head with the blanket and crouched like a frog in her bed.

“Just five minutes more…” Rose moaned from under the blanket while Violet continued jumping on her bed.

“Not today, Rosy dear…Guess what, Dame Petal is downstairs with Lilly.” Violet said in excitement as she pulled off the blanket from over Rose.

No sooner did Rose hear about Lilly, she sprang up, picked up her shawl and barged out of the room before Violet could follow her. She reached the railings of the narrow wooden staircase and bent down to see Dame Petal and Lilly seated with Lady Oak in the living room.

“Rose, we aren’t supposed to…” Violet raised her brows.

“Shh…I can’t hear if you keep yapping.” Rose hushed her to keep quiet and bent further to hear the conversation that was taking place between the three.

Lilly was like an elder sister to all the young ballerinas in the Royal Ballet school, out of all, Rose adored her a lot not only for her excellence in ballet, but because of her simplicity and beauty. Lilly had been in the school long before Rose and the others had joined. She was present at the time when Dame Petal brought little Rose to the Ballet school. Lilly was the first girl to introduce her to the other girls and offer a hand of friendship. She was very pretty, her blonde hair always tied in a bun revealing her delicate neck, her fair milky skin shimmering in the lights of the studio whenever she would danced, intrigued Rose a lot. 

“She is leaving?” Lady Oak exclaimed in disbelief.

“She is leaving!” Rose screamed from top and left her grip from the shawl causing it to slip off and land over Dame Petal.

They all Looked at Rose who now froze in her place, Rose knew that it was too late to go unnoticed by Dame Petal. She stood there with her grey eyes wide open and waited for Dame Petal to scold her. But to her surprise Dame Petal ignored Rose and continued talking to Lady Oak, while Lilly gestured Rose with her light blue eyes to get back inside the room.

Rose understood and went back in the room; she looked at Violet and all the other girls who had gathered near Violet’s bed. They were all wanting to hear what was happening downstairs.

“Why has Dame Petal come here?” Daisy asked as she crushed Violet under her heavy arms that were resting on her shoulder.

“Of course to teach Rose a lesson.” Dandelion replied with a smirk on her freckled face.

“Give it a rest dandy…Rose tell us why is Dame Petal with Lilly?” Violet pushed Dandelion off her bed and asked Rose with curiosity.

“I think Dame Petal is sending her away.” Rose replied with a sad face.

“What??” they all yelled in chorus.

“I heard Lady Oak say, “what, she is leaving?” Rose mimicked Lady Oak and repeated the dialogue.

A girl giggled as soon as Rose finished mimicking.

“That’s not funny!” Dandelion remarked and stared at the girl who had giggled.

“So what now?” No sooner had Violet asked that, Lady Oak entered in and asked everyone in frenzy to report downstairs.

“Quick all of you, I want y’all ready in thirty seconds.” She said and rushed out wiping the sweat on her face with her apron.