05 - Past Revelations

The low hum of the TV playing disturbed Brooke from her sleep. Before she opened her eyes she stretched her arms over her head, fumbling around the bed.

She was slightly confused as when she finally fell back asleep Xavier was her but now the bed was empty and cold. Rubbing her eyes she propped herself up on her elbow to see her mum sat on the sofa watching some cooking program.

"Where did Xavier go?" She asked

"Him and his father had some club business to deal with" she smiled as Brooke climbed out of bed. "He is in his office if you want I can show you where it is"

"Please" Brooke nodded, she needed to say thank you for what he did during the night.

He didn't have to comfort her but he did. Reaching for a pair of sweatpants she quickly went to get changed and to do her morning routine.

Once she was ready she followed her mum through the house until she stopped at a door.

"He is in there" she smiled "I'm sure he will love to see you"

And with that she left Brooke standing in front of the door, taking a deep breath she knocked on the door and refused to go in until she heard Xavier shout come in.

Pushing the door open she smiled softly as the smell of his aftershave filled her nostrils. There was something at the smell. It made her feel even more at home.

"Morning" she smiled "I just wanted to come and say thank you forward Night"

"You don't need to thank me Brooke" he smiled "I couldn't just let you go through that alone. I hope you didn't think I had abandoned you this morning, I just really needed to get this paperwork started"

"It's fine" Brooke nodded as she tried not to lose all her cool over the man in front of her as he took his glasses off. Glasses that framed his face perfectly and made him even hotter if that was possible.

"So what are you doing?" She asked as she looked at the stacks of folders on the desk.

"Just the budget for the club ready for the winter" he smiled as he took his glasses off "but this can wait, now how about we go get you some breakfast and I show you around this place"

"Sounds good" Brooke smiled "you look good in glasses by the way" she couldn't help it as the words fell out of her mouth.

Xavier didn't say anything but his smile got wider and his eyes shone brighter. Deciding not to mention it he stood to his feet and nodded at the door signally for her to follow him to the kitchen.

"I thought you had Chiefs or something" Brooke asked as she helped herself to a coffee.

"We do but I don't expect them to cook breakfast, it's their choice if they do or not" Xavier smiled as he gathered everything he needed for pancakes. "They are still family so they don't get treated any different"

"So everyone has different jobs?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah they do and each one is just as important as each other" Xavier smiled "now how about some pancakes"

Before Brooke could answer her stomach growled answering for her.

"There's your answer" she laughed.

The sound of her laugh was music to Xavier's ears, and he could help but smile as he started mixing the pancake batter.

Nothing was asked about her past, everyone had decided that when she was ready she would tell them what happened. The most important thing was that she was home and safe.