Chapter 13

When we got back to the buses I was surprised to see Joey.

"What is up"

"Hey Chevy, figured that I'd watch you perform tonight"

"Cool here come on let's go and get a backstage pass thingy for you"

"Ooh a back stage thingy" He said sarcastically

"Yup it's the best package you can get"

We both just start busting up laughing. All of a sudden Brice walks up in new clothing. Joey looks at me and I look at him and we start laughing even more remembering Tyler pushing him in.

He storms off instead of saying something.

"Hey y'all", Luke says walking up.

(Luke's P.O.V.)

"Hey Luke" Chevy and Joey replied. 

And to be honest I was a little jealous that he was here. I know she agreed to go on a date with me and everything but they're like best friends.

"So tonight I was thinkin you wanna come out and do a duet with me?" I asked.

"Well what song were you thinking about?"

"Umm I don't know, I was gonna let you choose", I replied.

"I mean I have a song in mind but I don't think you'd wanna sing it", she turned her head blushing.

"What is it?"

"Country Boy Swagger"

Tell you what, I had the biggest smile on my face. She actually new that song. So she really was a fan of my music.

"I think I know that song. That's an old one. But I definitely want to do it" I said with a huge smile. You know my signature one.

"Yay" she said and jumped up and down like a little kid, making me chuckle.

*Performance Time*

So I decided to surprise Chevy with inviting her dad and her sister to come to the performance.

So here I am stuck in awkward silence with her dad. Her sister oblivious to it all.

So I decided to break the tension.

"I'm sorry about this morning I didn't realize how bad and awkward that must've been for you, sir"

"I would say it's okay but I am still trying to get over it"

I wanted to laugh so hard thinking about it, but I knew that would be taken as disrespect.

Finally Chevy came up and ran into her sisters arms as they hugged since she was to busy scolding her for staring at me.

I laughed as they fell onto the floor then got up. She went up to her dad giggling. God that giggle is adorable.

"Hey dad", she said giving him a hug.

They hugged then she turned to me and was about to hug me. About to. Until she looked at her dad then she high-fived me. Really, wait till I'm dating her and you have to see us kiss😝.

I know you are probably like wtf is wrong with you, but I'm gonna ask her out on our first date, which I need to talk to Lexi about.

As I came out of my thoughts I realized that Chevy was now on stage and singing. She sounded amazing.

Lexy and Tyler came waking up and I figured this is my chance.

"Hey Lexy can I talk to you for a second?"

"Umm sure", she said suspiciously.

"So I'm going to take Chevy on a date can you help me with ideas"

"So you want to know her dream date?" She said though I didn't really seem like a question.

"Yeah"

"OK I'm just going to hit you with the facts. Date under stars, in bed of pick up truck, by Riverside with lights hung up in trees. Oh and sing her a song"

"Dang you know your stuff girl"

"Yup" she said popping the p.

"Well thanks so much I needed that and I knew that you could help" I said as we started walking back towards the group.

*Skip to Luke's performance*

So I'm on my last song, which is Chevy and Is' duet.

(A/N sorry if I get the lyrics wrong and not gonna right all of the song just bits and pieces)
(bold is Luke italicized is Chevy)

Rollin into town with my country boy swagger got my 37 inches sittin on black satin.....

Yeah I wanna  ride in your big ol' truck
Yeah I wanna shoot me a big ol' buck
You know I wanna love you till the sun comes up
Sip a little Crown from your Dixie cup

As we finished the song the crowd cheered and hollered. Chevy and I ran off stage and to her dad who was smiling but glaring at the same time.

This man needs to back off he's so overprotective.

"Luke that was awesome" Chevy said hugging me. At first I was surprised but then I hugged back.

After that we all hung out and had some fun. Me and Chevy goofed off and did some shameless flirting. All in all I went to bed with a huge grin.

A/N if y'all want the song its at the top. Sorry it took so long guys. I hope I didn't lose any of you. I want at least 3 votes and 2 comments with feedback and IDEAS till next update. I will be working on it guys. Hope y'all like it

Peace✌