C.7

C.7 || Last Chance prt. 1

Hazel

"Treasure keep still."

"It huuurts."She cried wiggling in my grip.

I used the brush to comb all of her hair back, tryin' to make sure not one piece was outta place. She always had to be all extra like I was killin' her or sumn.

I placed the ball in her hair and wrapped it twice to secure her pony tail. At first I'd give her plaits but she claimed she was all of a sudden "too ol'" for that.

I always have to remind her that she only six.

"Done."I sighed."Now turn around and face me."

She moved on her knees so that she was facing me and I grabbed the rat tail comb to begin hookin' up her lil baby bangs. She liked when I did them for her and since today she got to dress out at school for a dollar, I knew she was gon' be feelin' herself.

"Alright, go ahead and eat in the kitchen."I said once I was finish.

She got up from her spot on the floor and took off towards the kitchen.

I sighed and started cleaning everything I took out up. I dropped it into her hair bucket and put it back at the top shelf in her closet. I shut her closet doors then headed out of her room and straight to my own.

I made sure my work uniform was out and I had the iron plugged up befo' leavin' to go in the kitchen.

When I walked in, I saw Treasure sittin' at the island, munching noisily on the Cinnamon Toast Crunch I fixed her. She swung her legs back and forth while I went into the fridge to get me something to drink.

"Mama?"

"Hm?"I hummed, bending down to see if I had apple juice.

"I had fun yesterday."

"You did?"I moved a milk carton out of the way.

"Yup."She crunched more on her cereal and giggled."Mr.Melvin funny."

"Mhm."I hummed, finally seeing the apple juice. I pulled it out then shut the fridge.

Goin' over to the top cabinet to get a cup I heard Treasure continue.

"Mama?"

"Yeah?"I grabbed a glass cup and washed it out. I dumped the water out then went ahead with fixin' my juice.

"Whea' my daddy?"

The question caught me all the way off guard since I wasn't payin' much attention to her. It probably freaked her out how hard I flinched makin' the glass cup fall to the flo' and shatter.

"Mama what happened?"She started to get outta her seat.

"Treasure don't move they got glass down hea'."I warned.

I walked out of the kitchen and went to get the broom out of the hallway closet. I went back and made sure I cleaned up as much glass as I could.