~ Ch.2 ~

I opened my eyes in the morning to see the bright sunlight from the sun shining into my room. I groan and turned my body around so I can enjoy a few more minutes of peaceful sleep until an fast knock came to my door.

"Jamie wake up. Wake up. Today is our first day of school." Vic said to me practically squealing with excitement. I have never known someone so excited about school. Has she ever heard that school means seven crappy hours of our lives?

'She will probably change her mind about it all when she gets into high school.' I say to myself in my head and lift my body up.

"Vic can you shut the hell up so I can at least get a few more minutes of sleep." I yell loudly so she can leave me alone.

"Hey, no swearing in my house unless I am the one doing it." My grandmother said yelling, which make me flinch at her harsh tone.

"All you get up out of bed now. I will not let any of you be late on your first day or stay home. Now come on all you get up." She started to yell through the house hallway. I could hear her out the door, then hear the footsteps outside and my brother groaning. I get up out of bed and
get ready for school. After I am done adding the final touches to my poofy, curly hair, I look in the mirror.

'Today is your first day. Don't make a fool out of yourself.'I say in my head. Then I take a deep breath before grabbing my bag, then leaving my room. I walk to the living room and see Leo sitting on the couch on his phone texting. He looked bored out of his mind along with Victoria next to him playing with the zipper on her overly bright pink backpack.

"Okay, ready to go." I said which made Leo snap his head up and sigh in relief.

"Finally. We were all waiting on you." Leo said to me and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. I was getting ready for school." I say to him.

"Yeah, and it shouldn't take a full week to do so." My brother says to me crossing his arm. I lightly push him a little.

"Okay says the one who spends most of his time getting ready doing his hair. Where is grandma? She is supposed to drive us to school." I asked while looking around the living room. Leo smirks at me before lifting his right hand up to show a set of keys that has a small voodoo looking doll on it. Then I realized the keys he held up were my grandmother's keys. That means she is letting him drive the car.

"That is no fair. She is letting you drive the car. Where is she at? I need to have a talk with her about who is more mature to drive the car." I say, turning to go back to go up the stairs where my grandmother's room is when Leo grabbed my arm.

"No you can talk to her later. We are going to be late to school now because of you." He says, grabbing his backpack and walking out the door with Vic behind him. I just groan, then walk out with him to my grandmother's car. We all get in as Leo starts the car.

"Okay, let's have some music up in here." I say moving to turn on the radio to the channel with the rap music. Once I do my brother turns off the music and I give him a glare. He just shrugs his shoulders.

"I need to focus on driving." He said then pulled out the driveway and away from the house.
I got the feeling that something was going to happened today. I couldn't figure if it is good or bad. I just got the feeling.

     Once Victoria was dropped off at her school, Leo continued to drive to the high school. He continued to drive with silence because every time I tried to talk, he always said something about needing focus or else he would crash. We got to school that had a sign that looked like it was from the sixties or something. Shane Connors High School. This school looked strange. Not with the school looking like it was so ancient but the vibe you can get from it wasn't a good one.