~ CH.4 ~

"So how was your day at school,"Grandma had asked all of us while we were all eating dinner at the kitchen table. Meatloaf,peas,and rice sat on my plate but all I did was stare at it. The image of the piercing green eyes in the woods is clouding my mind. The strange feeling I had from earlier returned as I repeatedly continued to turn my fork on my plate.

"Jamie,"a familiar voice whispered in my mind.

"Jamie. Grandma asked you a question,"Leo said which caused me to shake out of my little trance. I blinked twice before looking up at my Grandma.

"Sorry. I was thinking about something for a minute,"I said to my Grandma with a smile. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Is everything alright dear? Was there something bad from your first day at school,"she asked with curious eyes like she expected something to happen. I just shook my head.

"No. Just some kids at school have a weird code talk about but I did make quite a bit of friends,"I said with a smile while trying to get to a new subject.

"Yeah what friends do you have,"Leo asked with a smirk trying to tease me.

"A lot actually. What about you? You didn't seem like the most popular kid around,"I said back to him with a smirk.

"Whatever,"he mumbled out before eating a spoonful of rice. I smirked in victory before taking a sip of my water.

"I drew some pictures today during class,"Vicky said out loud. Grandma turned over to look at her with a smile.

"Oh how delightful. What did these pictures look like,"Grandma asked Vick who lifted up a paper I guess she was holding on her lap. She lifted the picture and I saw two wolves. A black wolf that had green eyes. Grandma gasped at the picture which made us all look over to her with worry as her eyes widened. She looked at Vick in worry which made Leo and I confused.

"Grandma what's wrong,"we asked. She cleared her throat before looked over to us.

"Nothing dear. It's just a nice picture,"she said with a tight smile before taking a sip of her water.

"Well don't you think it's getting late. We should clean the whole table up and get ready for bed,"she said to us with her voice suddenly changing. Seemed like she is hiding something from us. I just stare at her in complete confusion as she gets up from the table,gathers her plate,then takes it to the kitchen.

"What could have that been about,"Leo asked taking one more bite of his meatloaf before pushing his plate aside. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"How would I know,"I asked before picking up everyone's plates from the table.

"Take Vick to bed would you,"I asked Leo and he nodded before picking up our little sister who clearly didn't want to go to bed because she started to throw a fit. After all the plates and dishes were in my hands I headed for the kitchen sink to wash the dishes. When I went inside the kitchen I heard grandma whispering something.

"Yeah Jonah. Don't ask why I am saying this. Just keep them away from my family or you will live to regret it,"I heard my grandma say in a low scary voice. She didn't sound like the loving grandma at the moment. She sounded evil.

"I gotta go but remember what I said,"my grandma said before hanging up the phone. As she turned around she saw me standing there. She took a step forward towards me and narrowed her eyes at me.

"How much of my conversation did you hear,"She asked me.

"I---I didn't hear anything grams,"I said to her hoping she would buy it.

"Tell me Jamie. What. Did . You. Hear,"she asked slowly one more time. I can tell by the sound of her voice she was hoping to get something out of me.

"I swear I didn't hear anything,"I said to her. My heart beating fast in my chest. She just sighed.

"Sorry. Today has been a rough day. Just finish those and go to bed,"she said leaving me to wash all the dishes. After she left I let out a breath I didn't know that I was holding.

Caden's POV

Caden walked into his office and sat at his desk. Right away he buried himself into his work but he couldn't help to let his mind wonder over to his mate. From seeing her once it made him feel alive again. Made him feel sparks. He wandered if she felt the same for him but then again of course she wouldn't. He knew she wasn't a werewolf.

'We found our mate,'his wolf,Cronus,said to him. Cronus sounded as if he was in complete heaven but Caden didn't care.

'Love shows weakness Cronus,'Caden growled to his wolf.

'No it doesn't Caden. You need to stop shutting others out. All because of what they did to you doesn't mean you can't----,'Cronus said in a blur before Caden shut him out. Yes Cayden thought of his mate but after certain events took place in his life he believed that he should be merciless and cruel. That love was weak and he must rule his pack with an iron fist. Not kindness. For being kind and loving shows weakness.

Maya's POV

"Come on Maya. Come back to the pack territory,"Jonah said to me but I shook my head continuing to refuse to go back to their pack. Being an omega in the pack is hard.

"No. I already declined the offer,"I said to Jonah. His jaw clenched and his eyes changed which let me know that he was mind linking someone before turning to look back at me. Once he did,he had a sinister smile on his face.

"Okay come back to our pack now before we hurt your mate. What's his name Leo,"Jonah asked smirking evilly. My eyes widened in fear as my heart rate began to speed up. I fear for my mate. Fear that I am to weak to protect him. I am an omega after all.

"No please don't hurt my mate. Please you can't,"I pleaded then Jonah gave me a serious look.

"Then join the pack again. This is the last time I will tell you,"he said with a low voice which made me shake a little in fear.

"Okay,"I said in a small voice. After finally getting away from the pack that took my beta title I must now go back and be the low rank omega to them.

Caden's POV

Caden waited until they brought the omega to his office. The footsteps of her walking to the office made him impatient as she was walking too slow. When the door opened in came the Beta of the pack along with the pack omega. She had her head down in submission to her Alpha. She knew her place which made Caden smirk.

"So Maya how have you been,"he asked with a smile.

"Like you care,"she said above a whisper which Caden heard but Maya didn't care because it was true Caden didn't care.

"Well I don't. You're right,"he said with a small dry chuckle.

"Why am I here,"Maya asked.

"To protect your future Luna from any harm. You may know her. She is Jamie Adams,"Caden said which made Maya gasp.

"Jamie is your mate,"she said in disbelief as her eyes widened.

"Yes and you will protect her. In fact invite her here tomorrow but make sure you keep our secret hidden. Don't take her to areas where wolves will be shifted in their wolf form. Also don't talk about me with her,"he said in a alpha command.

"But don't you care about her? Why wouldn't you want her to know about our kind,"Maya questioned. She was confused.

"I don't care about her,"Caden said trying to hide his feelings but deep down he cared for Jamie.

"My wolf just needs her close before he goes crazy. I can care less for the human. Just bring her here and keep our secret hidden. And if you don't then not only you will be punished but your mate will be punished as well. Goodnight Maya and welcome back to the pack,"he said before having a pack warrior take her to her bedroom in the pack house.

Wow and there is the third chapter. Comment your thoughts. Vote.