Chapter 20

Noah sat nervously waiting on the hospital bed. The doctor had said he needed to talk to Noah. The door opened, and the doctor walked in.

"Good Afternoon, Noah.", the doctor said in the fake cheery voice that the doctor always used when something was wrong.

"What's wrong, doc?", Noah asked tiredly. He hated it when people were fake with him.

"Well, Noah. It would seem that this round of chemo, and apparently the one before didn't reduce the cancer growth in fact they increased it."

"Increased?!", Noah asked thickly, "It can do that?"

"It can.", the doctor said sadly.

"How long?", Noah asked numbly.

"Two days.", the doctor said, "I'm afraid we can't allow you to leave the hospital." He put his hands on Noah's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Noah."

After Noah had been placed in his room, he took out his phone and turned it on. He sighed as he saw he had three missed calls from Blaine. He dialled his number.

"Where the hell are you, Noah?", Blaine asked angrily when he picked up the phone.

"Blaine language.", Noah heard Kurt say through the phone. He cracked a smile. At least he knew everyone he loved would be fine after he was gone.

"I'm still at the hospital.", said Noah wearily.

"Why?", Blaine asked anixiously. His frown evident in his voice. Noah didn't answer "Why are you still at the hospital, Noah?!", Blaine asked starting to panic.

"Some sort of complication.", Noah said smiling sadly, at his brothers antics. "The chemo spread the cancer, made it grow faster. I'll be gone in two days."

"Noah, no.", Blaine said, crying.

"Don't start crying on me.", Noah said his voice cracking. "Would you call Sebastian for me? I'd like to meet the girls before I go. I just don't think I could handle that conversation. I'm barely handling this one."

"Of course. I will.", Blaine said, "Then I'm coming to see you."

Noah smiled sadly into the phone. "Don't bother yourself, bro."

"You'd never be a bother, Noah.", Blaine sniffled, "I love you."

Noah smiled it was starting to take a lot of effort though, "Love you too, little bro."

Blaine arrived an hour later. It was about six o'clock. There were a lot of tears, and hugs. Sebastian arrived with the girls half and hour later.

"Hello.", Noah said smiling at the girls.

They smiled at him shyly. "So your our other daddy?", Luna asked.

"I am.", Noah said smiling.

"Why didn't you, and daddy get married?", Love asked.

Sebastian shifted uncomfortably, and Blaine looked at Noah, curious as to what he would say.

"Well,", Noah said smiling at the little girl. "I did some bad things. So I had to go to this place to think about what I'd done."

Love nodded seriously, "Like a time out?"

"Like a timeout.", Noah said smiling.

"Daddy said we should always apologize after our timeout.", Luna said matter of factly. "Did you apologize?"

"I did.", Noah said smiling at Blaine. Blaine smiled back. His brother would've made a good dad.

"Why are you in the hospital?", Luna asked, "Are you having a baby? That's why dad, and Uncle Blaine, and Uncle Nick come to the hospital."

"No, sweetie I'm not having a baby. I have this really bad sickness called cancer."

"Are you going to die?", Love asked worriedly.

"Probably, sweetheart.", Noah said sadly.

"I don't want you to die.", Love said crying, and running , and hugging Noah. "I just met you."

Noah hugged the little girl tightly. Why did he have to break a heart so young? It wasn't fair.

"Why don't you girls go see Uncle Kurt.", Sebastian said after a bit, "I'll be out in just a minute. We've got to get home."

Noah watched the girls go, then turned to Sebastian. "You did good, Seb, you did good."

Sebastian's eyes filled with tears. He hugged Noah tightly, "I'll never forget you, Noah. I'll make sure they don't either." After that Sebastian left.

After that, Blaine and Noah talked about when they were growing up. Where they'd thought they'd be verses where they actually were.

"If I could change one thing. I would tell myself to go to Westerville to help you. Not because of mom.", Noah said. Moving was growing hard, and he was getting very tired.

Blaine smiled tear eyed, "Why wish that you came to Westerville at all?"

Noah smiled tiredly, "Because if I hadn't then I wouldn't have to beautiful little girls. I wouldn't have met their amazing father. The man I love."

Blaine's eyes widened at his admission, "You love Sebastian?"

"I always have." Noah said, "I just always knew I wasn't the one. I wasn't good enough for him. I'm still not. I excepted that a long time ago. The fact that he's happy now is enough for me." After that Noah closed his eyes, and never opened them again.