Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Tide

The second advisor's name was Riker. He was a young man that looked to be in his early 20's. He was an overly loyal man to Father, and I respected that. Riker was kind, but had a temper when people did things wrong. I introduced myself, and once again sat through the boring meeting doing nothing.

I wanted to see Zoe, and everybody else again, but I knew that I needed to stay first. I started to think about my dream, and what it meant. I had questions, of course. Like, 'Who was Gaea talking to?'

'Why did the monster seem familiar, like I should know him?'

'Who was the ace?'

'Is it me?'

Before I knew it, the meeting was over and I was saying goodbye to Riker. Back in the carriage, Father didn't waste anytime and got straight to the point.

"What happened in the dream?" he asked.

"I overheard Gaea talking to a monster, and she said that they wouldn't attack the camp until the 'ace' if the battle showed up, but I don't know who that is."

"I knew this would happen," Father whispered.

"Knew what?" I asked.

"Do you wish for the truth, Perseus? The complete truth?"

I was beyond confused, but I nodded yes nonetheless.

"You aren't really a son of Poseidon, or any other Gods for that fact, you are my true son, correction blood son," he said, head down, and hands wringed together.

I gaped.

"You have got to be kidding me."

He shook his head.

"YES!" I shouted, and Father looked up in confusion.

"I always knew that something didn't feel right, but what does this have to do with the battle?"

"Since you are my son, that would mean that Gaea is your sister," he looked at me pointedly.

I nodded slowly, still not understanding. 

"Well she never liked you," Father said bluntly.

"Are you kidding me? That's the whole reason behind the war?!" I shouted.

"I afraid so."

"Wow, she's sensitive," I said.

"Yes, yes she is."

I sighed.

"Whose the 'ace' then?" I asked.

"My guess would be that the 'ace' is you, considering Gaea didn't attack yet."

I agreed, but I felt like I was missing something.

well its short but at least I updated on a Saturday. :D.....no?...ok

I don't have much to say right now but thx for reading and ill see you guys later

ME OUT!

hersheymallow~