Chapter 38: (L)

Aunt Sally led me upstairs onto the first floor, and opened the door to her small but squashy flat.

I gasped aloud. The entire room was cream, cosy and modern, but decorated here and there with splashes of every bright colour imaginable. A plush cream blanket on the canvas sofa matched the fluffy cream rug on the floor. The kitchen had brand new LED lights, showing the gloss of the (once again) cream counters.
It had a beautiful window showing the private garden at the back of the house.

Wow.

"I love it." I told her.

"Oh, you're too kind, Lola!" She grinned all the same. "Let me show you your room."

She led me across the other side of the room and through a door.

This room was also, yep you guessed it, cream, and decorated with leafy green cushions and paintings. It was obviously being used as a storage room at the moment, boxes of makeup piled up everywhere, and a small dressing table with Hollywood lights around it sat in the far corner of the room.

"It needs a bit of a sort out, but we'll have you settled in in no time." she said reassuringly.

"Thanks Aunt Sally. You're the best for letting me stay here."

"Nonsense!" She brushed off my comment. "Now, I forgot to ask you, when's your modelling shoot with Victoria? It's next week isn't it?"

"Um, I'm not sure if it's happening or not." I admitted. She had seemed pretty angry last time I saw her. But then again I was trying to have sex with her son. Hm. Not good.

"I'll text her, she'll let me know." said Sally decisively. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Dinner?" I asked. It seems like such a long time ago I last ate, at lunchtime in the restaurant with Brooklyn, chatting and laughing at the end of an eventful week like I didn't have a care in the world. So much has happened since then. I've found out so much about my family, I've gone back to a completely different home.

"Yeah." Aunt Sally smiled again, walking over to the kitchen area of her all-in-one kitchen living dining area.
She pulled open a cupboard to show various sauces, spices and ingredients.
"After makeup, cooking is my next passion."

"Really?" I asked, surprised that someone like her was a big cooking woman. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.

"Yeah!" She said again, pulling out a bag of lentils. "How does egg salad sound?"

"Pretty good." I grinned.

"Go on, go and unpack." she jerked her head in the direction of my new room. "Take a look around the flat. Stick the telly on. What's mine is yours."

"Thanks." I said again. "Really. This means so much. I couldn't face going home with mum after..." I trailed off.

She left the saucepan bubbling and walked over to me, arms wide. I took my hand off my suitcase and hugged her back.

"You can stay here as long as you like." she looked at me sympathetically. "Now go! Explore the flat!"

And so I did. Every room, I soon discovered, was cream, but each room had been decorated with accessories of every colour. The bathroom was cream with splashes of blue on the shower curtain and toilet seat. Aunt Sally's room was cream with, of course, pink on the duvet and wardrobe.

I guess I really could live here.

Hey guys!

Sorry for no updates but I've been pretty busy getting my exam results back. I did ok, I got an A*, 4 As, 4 Bs and 2 Cs. So I'm pretty happy.

Hope you enjoy this chapter even though it's very short.

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Shout to TrigerBrooks for all the encouragement he's been giving. Check out our collab, Leave Me Now!

Xx

Fluuctuate