Chapter One

At Night

The first strike was aimed at the face, blood filling in her mouth. Her head moved to the side from the momentum of the punch. A pounding broke out in the head, pain throbbing. She was use to this type of thing. She spit out the blood, wiping away the messy saliva with her finger-less gloved hand. Blue eyes glared at the opponent standing before her, anger rising in her blood. He began to move toward her getting ready to strike again. She didn't have time to block the second strike that landed on her stomach. The small girl stumbled back, losing her breath for a moment. Her surrounding spun as she tries to gain her senses. There was a short paused before the striker decides to attack her again. She heard him move and grabbed the hand that was about to land on her again. She twist it quickly, making him grunt in shock and pain. His voice was low , and muttered a curse under his breathe. There was an orange light shining above their heads, as she pushed him away. They began to circle each as people surrounding them shouted. She had ignored them all, not caring about them, but only on the opponent before her.

They gazed at each other intensely, panting rather fast. The girl stopped, waiting for him to go to her. The man she was fighting was tall and big, tattoos all over him. His hair was a curly, wet mess, sticking on his forehead from the sweat. It was hard to tell, but she knew his black tank top and basketball shorts were soaked. A few bruises on him and scratches on his face. He had brown eyes roaming her body from calculation and a bit of lust. Compared to him, she was a lot smaller than him, but she knew how to pack a punch at someone. And she knew her opponent liked what he saw which caused him to be distracted most of the time.

When he realize she wasn't attacking, he stepped forward to her way. Swinging his arm, the girl ducked and kicked the back of his leg. That had caused him to fall on his ass. Her next leg then kicked his face, knocking him to the ground. Everyone counted to three, and all of them shouted. Either from cheering or booing she didn't know or cared for. The host went up to her, raising her hand in the air. "And the winner is Beast!" He announced to them. Her real name is Fay. Fay was in a daze, and not paying attention to what he was saying to the crowd. He let go and she moved out the circle the audience created for them. She weaved her way out, going over to the group of people at a table.

"Beast?" She nodded her head. They counted the money that the people gave for her bet. There were a lot of cash in their hands to count. She waited for about ten minutes just for them to count. When they gave it to her, they gave a smile at her. "Good job." They spoke. She nodded her thanks and moved away from them. The crowd was quieting down, most of them leaving the area. She was the last person to fight in the circle. She became very well known to most of the town and the organizer of these street fights wanted everyone to have a chance to fight before an audience. She understood their reasoning. She started from scratch, just learning how to punch correctly from the start. She lost most of the time, but she improved each time she fought. Fay build her way up to here, and she still learning how to fight better.

She went over to the building where they put all the fighters stuff in. Her duffle bag in a corner, her school clothes still in them. Sitting down one of the bench, Fay pulled the finger-less gloves off her hands, putting it in the bag. Then the young girl pulled out a towel, wiping the blood off her mouth and nose. Wincing as she did it. Once she felt she got all the blood, she then proceed to wipe her arms of any sweat and blood and everything else someone could get on them from the crowd surrounding them. Switching the towel to a jacket, she put it on her, covering the bloody white tank top. Then took out perfume to hide to scent of the blood and other scents these human have.

Slunging the bag over her arm, Fay went out the building. Looking around, she saw the guy she was fighting over the other side of the light. He was breathing heavily still, rubbing his arm on his nose. Fay walked up to him slowly. "Hey." She greeted to him. He glanced her way.