Chapter Seven

The Search

The car rolled up the parking lot, the breaks squeaking loudly. The sun was setting making everything glow orange. Wilden pulled the breaks and turned the car off, making everything silent. They sat there for a moment exshusted from driving everywhere to find her. They were searching throughout this town, every corner and every place. Dylan was leaning his head back closing his eyes get a little rest before getting out of the car. Wilden was staring ahead of him deep in thought. He thought, he hoped, that he would find her sooner than this. He was hoping that she would be back home. Dylan opened his eyes again, glancing over to his alpha in a daze. He shook his head a bit before shifting to move out of the car. "I'll get the room for us." Dylan spoke out, opening the door to get out. Wilden grunted, but didn't move from his side, still thinking about her.

Dylan sighed when he was on his feet. He stretched out then closed the door behind  him. The air was hot causing a sweat to roll through his body. This place was different than his home. The dry heat, dirt rolling up, constant sun throughout the day, he wasn't sure if the dying heat annoyed him or the taste of sand in his mouth. He walked to the office, getting in the cool air which made him sigh in satisfaction. For the first time that day, he was able to feel cold air surrounding him. Dylan's eyes were roaming around the office he walked in.

The office wasn't all that big, and clean. The carpet floor had dry gums all over and a few crumbs in certain places. There were some stains on the ceiling. Dylan didn't want to know what was in the corner in the far right corner. The walls were also stained from something Dylan didn't want to find out. The lights were flickering that caused his eyes to flinch. There was a man at the desk watching tv while eating a bucket of chicken. His hair was falling out and his wife beater was torn up. Dylan walked to the desk, watching him for a bit before coughing to gain the man's attention. The man jumped at the sound and turned to the Beta. "H-How can I help you?" The man asked with surprise laced into his voice.

"I need a room with two queens." Dylan said to him. The man nodded at this, getting up from his rolling chair. He scrambled to find a key and write it down on record. His desk was a mess, nothing was organized. Dylan wondered how long has it been since someone ever bothered to come here. It must have been recently, because there was no way this place could still be in business.

"How long are you staying?" The man asked the werewolf. Dylan stopped his wondering eyes, the man bringing him back to reality.

"One night." Dylan spoke out. The man gave him the key and price for the room. Dylan threw the money, not caring the look he recived from the man. He walked out, finding the Alpha sitting on the hood of his car. He was on his phone, looking over the map for this town. He needed to know where he was going if he was ever going to find her. Wilden could feel Dylan walking up to him, so he locked his phone, putting it in his back pocket. "Got the room. Number 6." Dylan said, walking pass Wilden. The alpha nodded at this, grabbing his bags from the ground next to him.

The tall man followed him, eyeing his surroundings. He knew there was a few werewolves around this area, most of them rouges. And he knew that they could feel them in this arear. Wilden knew that they had to be careful here. They didn't want to get mixed up into anything dangerous. He could feel the evil in the air, flowing through his blood. They stopped at the door leading them into their room, eyeing everything in sight with tensed shoulders. Dylan glanced behind him to make sure that Wilden was safe or hadn't run off like the last few times that they went on a search. The first time that Wilden had run off had Dylan scared the shit out of him. He ran through every creak and corner in that busted up town to find his alpha only to come back to the motel room to find him sitting on the bed. Dylan had suggested that he should at least drop his stuff off in the motel room before running off like that. Wilden agreed knowing that the man had ran a lot throughout that night.