Chapter 5

"Zombies incoming!" I yelped, leaning out the car window and shooting. Mark swerved off the road.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked. Mark shushed us all and pointed to a truck. An army truck.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I've heard stories that the army rescues you, and then makes you battle against the zombies" Mark replied. I didn't want to forcefully fight zombies. We did enough of that already. "I'm not letting that happen to any of us" Mark added. He slowly drove the car with no headlights through the forest and around the army truck.

"Hey! What was that?" One of the soldiers announced aggressively.

"Mark, what do we do?" Jack whispered.

"Should we run for it?" Mark asked.

"We can't lose the car Mark, it's handy"

"Well, then what?" He asked.

"Just drive really fast"

"They'll catch us"

"It's a tank! They won't be able to catch us in their dreams"

"It's worth a shot" Mark sighed. He put his foot on the gas and the car roared to life,  flying passed the tank at tremendous speed.

"Hey!" One of the soldiers yelled. The tank started moving. Mark was laughing.

"They'll never catch up, good idea Jack" Mark announced, smiling at Jack. I was calmly cuddling a sleeping Jet in the back while Sam curled into my side. Then there was a rumbling. A deep, dark rumbling. A car hooned beside us, out of control, when we caught glimpse of the person who was transforming into a zombie that had been driving it. The car swerved just in front of us, slamming into a tree and erupting into massive flames. We were either side of the forest, which the embers of the fire had traveled, and suddenly both sides of the forest were burning to the ground. While we were so focused on the horror that just occurred before our eyes. To add even worse, the screaming of incoming zombies erupted and 4 zombies came charging out, on fire. Mark hit the gas, but 2 zombies grasped ahold of the car....