-Orochimaru- (Naruto)

This oneshot was requested by FabGrellSutcliff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:Birthdays:.

Today was your boyfriend's birthday. Orochimaru wasn't one to celebrate birthdays, he was always too busy plotting against the Hidden Leaf or training Sasuke. Today you wanted to treat him to a nice birthday to relieve stress around the current hideout and make things a little more lively and happy. You were currently cooking rice for "Tamago kake gohan" (picture above) for his breakfast. Finishing his breakfast, you brought it to your conjoined room, on the far left of the hallway, facing Kabuto's room and Sasuke's right beside. Knocking three times on the door, I waited for an answer.

"Come in" A gruff, slightly raspy voice answered. Walking in, you saw a sleepy Orochimaru with groggy, morning induced hazy hues.

"Hey Maru-kun, I made you breakfast. I hope you enjoy it."

Eyeing the breakfast, Orochimaru asked "What's the occasion? Has another Akatsuki member been defeated? Or learn more on the Hidden Leaf and it's nine tailed jinchūriki?"

"No, none of that, actually it's your birthday! So happy birthday Maru."

Slight shock had strewn itself across his features but he quickly re-composed himself, answering your remark by saying "Is that so? How did you figure that out? To be honest, I had forgotten my own birthday until now."

"That's for me to know and you to find out, koishii (darling)" you answered with a slight smirk.

Nodding in approval or understanding, you didn't quite know, but either way you'd take it and handed him his breakfast.

"Alright Maru, I'd love to sit and chat but I've got some planning to do for your day off so enjoy your breakfast and come find me once you're done." Nodding his head, Orochimaru started eating, letting you walk off to continue planning his day.

First things first, you thought, you had to make the cake. Searching through the cupboards, you grabbed the ingredients for the cake and icing. The first thing you started with was the batter quickly mixing ingredients and pouring them into a cake pan. Instead of waiting idly by, you decided to pick a movie for later in the night. Deciding on (movie name), you heard the beeping of the stove. Quickly making your way to the kitchen, you grabbed the oven mitts and a toothpick. Opening the oven, you put the mitts on, grabbed the rack the cake was on and poked the toothpick into the middle of the dessert. Taking it out, you checked the toothpick to make sure there wasn't any batter stuck on it to make sure it had baked properly. Seeing nothing, you took the cake out of the oven and placed it on the counter, setting a timer for half an hour to let the cake cool down. Changing your appearance with a jutsu so as not to get recognized as a follower of Orochimaru, you made your way to the convenience store to get some snacks, candles and a blanket for the movie later that night.

Paying for the objects, you rushed home, eager to get started on the icing. Entering the hideout, you noticed there was still 5 minutes left for the delicious treat to cool, so you decided to take the time to check on your mischievous sweetheart, wondering why he hasn't come to see you yet seeing as it's already been about 2 hours since you've given him his breakfast or really brunch seeing as it's already 3:00 pm. Knocking on the door with a little tune in mind, you awaited an answer, only to be greeted with silence. Not receiving a single sound from the other side of the door, you opened it to be greeted with the adorable sight of your lover, Maru, asleep hugging a pillow with his hair fanned out around his face. Internally "awing" and the sight, you soon noticed he had no blanket on him, you realized he must be cold in his cool room wearing only a short sleeved shirt and boxers, so you quickly went to grab the one you had bought, draping it over his lean, willowy body. The blanket was soft and fuzzy, coloured black with two purple snake eyes seemingly glowing placed in the middle.  After gazing at your snake-like lover for a little more, you walked to the kitchen to make the icing.

Once you finished with the icing, you iced the cake. With the remaining icing, you made a snake sitting on top of the cake with it's tail wrapped around it. Finished with the cake, you wrapped it in saran wrap so it wouldn't become stale and placed it on the counter beside the stove. Wondering what to do next, you decided to seize the candles that you had bought earlier and placed them around your couch and television for later that night. Checking the time, you realized Maru-kun had been sleeping for an hour and all your preparations were ready, you went to get Sasuke, Kabuto and the cake and started making your way to Orochimaru's door. Barging in, you started singing the birthday song (happy birthday to you), jolting him awake from the sound of the sudden singing.

"Hey Maru, have a nice sleep?" you asked him, giggling lightheartedly. Not waiting for an answer,  you grabbed his hand, pulled him up and led his to the kitchen table to cut, serve and eat the cake. Before cutting it, you placed the sweet pastry before Orochimaru, excitedly telling him to make a wish and blow all of his candles out. Agreeing to your demands, he quickly blew them out, secretly wishing that Kabuto and Sasuke would leave so he could have some privacy with you without being interrupted by the two boys. Realizing he was done, you hurriedly asked Kabuto cut the cake and serve it while you sat yourself beside your loving boyfriend.

Quickly thanking you, Orochimaru quickly dug into your homemade delicacy, eager to try a bite of his girlfriend's baking.

Once everyone had finished, your reptilian-looking sweetheart "politely" asked his two grown followers to leave the room. Grasping your petite hand in his large one, he dragged you over to the couch to start watching the movie you had picked out. He sat down on the couch and pulled you on his lap, asking Kabuto to light the candles and fetch the blanket before taking his leave once more. Wrapping you and your sweetheart up in the blanket, you cuddled up to Orochimaru, enjoying the movie and his presence at the same time. Almost finished with the movie, you and your boyfriend were extremely tired and on verge of falling asleep.

"Thank you, (y/n), for this amazing day, I normally don't celebrate my birthday but this was well beyond worth it. I love you."

"You're welcome, Maru-kun. I love you too, and good night, don't let the bed bugs bite."

"Good night."

-------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading, requests are open.

Word count: 1158