StrayCatOnAStaurdayRoad

Have you ever opened your eyes, and seen the world for what it really is? No, of course not. Who expects you to? Would you see anything besides the vast grasslands that isn't even well enough to grow grass.

I walked down a brick road, in silents. Like a stray cat on a Saturday road. Simply trying to observe. I gazed at the tall brick buildings and tiny shops. The only thing around was bricks. Different shades of red. Rough and rugged among the earth. business people wore the shiniest of shoes and the straightest red ties. Dressed in the blackest suits.
Everyone was the same. except for one man.

The thick brown wool from his high class jacket skimmed right past my nose as he stomped past. I smelt the strongest scent, that probably wasn't even real. His eyes were set far ahead of him. He noticed me, but never made eye contact or acknowledged that I even existed. He's too authentic to gaze downward, or what was now backwards toward me.

The next thing I observed was people beginning to run. They chased each other in the same direction. Noise started to rise, however I couldn't make out what it was. Was it the wind howling through the sharp corners of the buildings or was it the people themselves? Wind escalated violently as everyone started fading out of my sight. I ran inside of the closest small building. Which happened to be a tea shop. Then I watched the wind blow around from a window.

"Hello?"
I turned around to find a rugged man. His hair was long and knotted into a bun. Tied with leather and a pencil stuck through the sides. His many layers of sweaters and leather scraps were torn and frayed. He stood behind a cashier and held a cup in his left hand.
"May I help you?" He took a sip.
"I don't think so." I stepped away from the window. He walked out around the counter and leaned down to me. Leather made a tight pressured creak as he did. Then he tickled a whisper into my ear with dirty floral breath.
"You are right...no one can help you...not in this world." He then smiled and winked as he looked into my eyes with his blue ones, then retraced his steps back behind the counter. "So have some tea." He sipped.

    I looked down at the grown and saw what appeared to be lint from a dryer. It was dark colored and fluffy as it stuck to the scratchy brick. This is what happens when you open your eyes.
"Have you ever opened your eyes and saw the world for what it really is?" I asked him.
He only looked for a second then spat out at me, "You sure do have strong thoughts -considering you're such a weak person.

"