Seven

Harry called into work sick again. He's in his apartment packing boxes. Harry's moving out of his crappy apartment today. Finally. He's lived in this apartment by himself far too long and it has memories of Zayn that he wants to leave behind. All the midnight surprises of Zayn showing up at his door, drunk, trying to get Harry into bed, only to end with Harry slamming the door in his face.

Niall asked Harry to move in after visiting Harry's mom in the hospital. Niall doesn't mind an extra person in his apartment. He quite likes the noise of an extra person and the space they take up. He likes that there will be another body for him to wake up next to and he's glad to know that it's going to be Harry.

"Harry do you just want to sell some of the stuff you don't need or something?" Niall says, staring at a large pile of unnecessary things he talked Harry out of keeping. "Or we could give it away maybe?"

"I don't think it's worth much so we can just give it away to whoever wants it," Harry shrugs, taping a box he finished packing.

Niall nods and moves to Harry's room packing up his clothes while Harry packs his paint supplies and books into a box sitting his living room. Harry tapes the box shut when he hears his doorbell ringing. Harry pulls himself off the ground and curses under his breathe because he's awfully busy at the moments and is kind of annoyed someone's at the door to bother him.

Harry opens the door to see who it could possibly be and he freezes when he sees a face that he didn't want to see unless he absolutely had to. Zayn. Harry's uncomfortable and Zayn's grinning, smiling, and checking Harry out.

"What do you want Zayn?" Harry asks, annoyed and nervous.

"I came by to see why you've called into work sick again. You going somewhere?" Zayn says, pointing to the box Harry just finished taping closed.

Harry shifts on his feet because he has to tell Zayn he's moving and Harry's not ready for that. He honestly isn't ready to deal with Zayn just yet.

"Yeah I'm moving out," Harry replies, hoping that Zayn won't ask anymore questions.

"I would of helped. Why didn't you call me?" Zayn asks, confused.

"I didn't want your help. I have someone helping me," Harry says, hoping that he can get rid of Zayn before Niall comes out and finds him at the door.

"Babe I finished packing all your clothes," Niall shouts, walking out of Harry's room, seeing who's at Harry's door.

Niall stops. He knows who it is. He knows it's Zayn and Niall is boiling. He's boiling with anger and is face is red because he hates the things Zayn has done to Harry. He hates that Zayn thinks it's okay to manipulate Harry and force him into something he didn't want to do. Niall knows that Harry is a stripper and he's knows that it's because of Zayn but now Harry only strips for Niall.

"You must be Niall. I know about your record company," Zayn says, awfully pleased with himself.

"And you're Zayn," Niall replies, with his face still red and his skin boiling from the anger he's hiding inside.

Zayn smiles and he doesn't bother to shake Niall's hand or show any kindness at all, "Yeah and now that's we've met, I'd like you to stay away from Harry. You see, he was mine first. He's always will be mine. He strips for me you know. At my club."

Harry cringes at Zayn's words because he doesn't want to be Zayn's. He never was Zayn's to began with. Zayn's possessive with things that are his and things that he thinks are his. Harry's never wanted anything to do with Zayn. He feels ashamed to call someone like Zayn his step-brother. Harry has Niall and Zayn has to understand that. He has to understand that Harry belongs to Niall and Harry isn't going to leave Niall.

Niall's anger is at an all time high. He doesn't understand how someone can walk into Harry's life and claim him. Zayn's claimed Harry like he's a toy. Harry's a person, with feelings and real thoughts, he's not a toy. He's not something you can see and claim it has your own. Niall hates it when people claim other people. It's like slavery to him. Claiming people is wrong and it's degrading and Niall hates it.

Niall's in front of Harry now and he's heated. Harry can feel the heat coming off of Niall because how angry Niall is and Harry's sort of afraid of what's going to happen, of what Niall might do. Niall reaches down behind him and holds Harry hand, showing Zayn that Harry belonged to him and only him.

"Harry doesn't belong to you. He isn't an object you can claim. He's a person and he's my person. I will not let you to continue to disrespect Harry," Niall says through his teeth. He's trying his best to be calm honestly. He really is trying but he's not sure how long he can hold it in. He has an urge to punch Zayn square in the face.

"I do what I want. Harry's mine and he won't be seeing you any longer," Zayn says calmly.

Harry's about to open his mouth to defend himself but the next thing he sees is Niall's fist connecting to Zayn's face and the noise of something cracking. Zayn's holding his nose and it's dripping of blood that covers Zayn's hands. Niall broke Zayn's nose. Niall's flexing his fingers and shaking his hand to rid the pain he's feeling from punching Zayn in the face.

"I suggest you leave Harry alone or it's going to be your jaw next time," Niall says before slamming the door.

+

Harry hasn't really talked to Niall since he punched Zayn in the face. They've moved Harry's boxes to Niall's apartment and started unpacking them in silence. Harry's never seen Niall so angry before. He didn't know that Niall was capable of being angry enough to punch someone in the face. Harry's not afraid of Niall. He's not. He's shocked more than anything. He doesn't think bad of Niall, he just doesn't know how to talk to Niall about it. Harry's never been with someone who's cared so much about him that they get angry over something that's happened to him to the point of actually hitting someone.

Niall's unpacking Harry's books and placing them on his empty bookshelf that he's never bothered to fill up. He can feel his hand brushing up already. Niall knows that Harry is probably upset with him. He's never been that angry before, he's never felt the need to punch someone in the face before but he did. He punched Zayn and he's not sure if he regrets it or not.

Harry stops unpacking the box he's working on and walks over to Niall and sits down next to him, "We need to talk about this."

Niall sighs and sits down the book he was about to pull out of the box because he's knows that Harry's right. They do have to talk about it. "Yeah. Okay. We'll talk."

"Did you have to punch him?" Harry asks, looking up from his lap to be met with Niall's ocean blue eyes.

"No. I didn't have to punch him. He just has no respect for you and I can't stand the way he looks at you. I know I can be possessive sometimes, I just don't like sharing you and Zayn shouldn't treat you the way he does. I'm sorry. I know that I shouldn't have punched him," Niall says. He feels bad, he really does. He doesn't like that Harry had to see him so angry and watch him punch Zayn.

Harry sighs and climbs into Niall's lap, "I know. I know and I love you for that. No ones loved me the way you have before,"

Niall chuckles and kisses Harry on the forehead, "You deserve all the love the world has to offer. Zayn doesn't deserve to have you in his life."

Harry smiles and giggles as he goes and kisses Niall on the lips. Harry forgives Niall, he could never stay mad at him for long. Harry understands why Niall did it even though he shouldn't have.

Niall pulls Harry closer into him as Harry rests his cheek on Niall's shoulder and draws random shapes into Niall's back, "I forgive you."