Chapter 2 : Where's Riker?

Chapter 2

Later...

Skylar POV

I was scrolling through my Instagram feed when I came to a picture my ex had posted. It was of Riker. He was laying on the ground somewhere, unconscious, and there was blood on his clothes.

I desperately tried to call Riker, but he wouldn't pick up. I tried 5 times, and when it still didn't work, I grabbed my car keys, and drove to Tom's house.

I angrily pounded on his front door.

"Can I help you?" Tom asked, smirking at me.

"Where's Riker?"

"Gee, Skylar... I don't know..."

"You do so know! He won't answer his phone!"

"Oh... This phone?"

He held up Riker's phone, high enough so I couldn't reach.

"Give it to me," I said, glaring at him.

"Why should I? It's not yours."

"It's not yours either!"

I jumped up, and grabbed it from his hands.

"Where was this picture taken?" I asked, showing him the picture he posted on his Instagram.

"I don't exactly remember where that was..."

I slammed his front door, and ran back to my car. I need to get to Riker!

Later...

Rocky POV

It was almost 9:00. Riker usually comes home from tutoring Skylar by now, even when he stays for dinner.

Someone knocked on the front door, and since I was nearby, I went to go answer it.

"Skylar?"

"Is your brother here!? Please tell me he is!"

"Um... You mean Riker?"

"Yeah."

"No. I thought he was tutoring you...?"

"No! Ugh! Ok, I have to go!"

"Wait! Where's my brother?"

"I don't know!"

Riker POV

I opened my eyes, and saw only blackness. I was freezing cold. My eyes adjusted a little, and I could see slight moonlight coming in from the window, which was just a rectangular cutout in the wall with metal bars.

I tried to sit up, but literally everything hurt. I remained on the ground, starting to feel the pain get worse.

I could barely even see anything. My glasses weren't on my face. I felt around while still lying on the ground. I found them, and pushed them onto my face.

I could see that the door of the bathroom was closed. And I was fairly certain those guys had locked me in here.

I managed to sit up, and crawl my way over to the sinks. I pulled myself up onto my feet, and carefully made my way to the door, hanging onto anything I could.

I grabbed the handle, and it was locked. Big shock there.

But by now, I was losing it. The pain was so bad I couldn't really see straight. I was scared to be in the dark. And I had no idea how long I'd be stuck in here. I felt my pockets for my phone, but it wasn't there. It increased my fear, and I started crying and hyperventilating.

I made my way to the window, and stood on my toes, trying to see out. It was really dark outside. The park was supposed to be closed at night, so I knew there wasn't anyone here.

I went back to the door, and tried desperately to get it to open. I'm hurt, and I just need to get out of here!

When the door didn't budge, I fell to my knees, exhausted from trying to get it to open, crying, and from getting hit earlier.

I saw my backpack on the ground, and I opened it. I took out my water bottle, and drank some. I felt slightly better, but not much.

I backed up to the wall, bringing my backpack with me. I sat there with my knees pulled to my chest in the dark, crying. I was starting to notice every place pain was coming from, and that was pretty much everywhere.

I knew I must have cuts and bruises all over. Everything was sore. But it felt worse than just cuts and bruises. I was scared I broke something. And I'd never broken anything before. I didn't know what would happen if I didn't get to the hospital soon.

That started to get me thinking about if I never got out of here at all. I don't have any food. I have water, which is pretty much unlimited because of the sinks. But I'm hurt, and I don't have food. If nobody finds me, what's going to happen to me? What if my cuts and stuff get infected? And then they have to cut off my limbs or something.

I laid down on the cold cement, and started screaming. I was screaming for multiple reasons. Everything hurt, it was dark and cold, and I was scared.

I can't calm down, and I'm wearing myself out. What if that only makes me die sooner?