Chapter 3 : Rescued?

Chapter 3

Later...

Riker POV

I heard something from outside. By now I was so cold I was shivering, but I was anxious to see what that noise was.

It took everything in me to stand up. The pain was so intense everywhere, and I felt like I was dying or something. There were constant tears in my eyes, but I was silent.

I carefully made my way to the window. I stood on my toes, and peeked out. I saw a girl walking around, who I realized was Skylar.

"Skylar! Over here! Please let me out!" I cried.

Skylar saw me, and ran over. She came to the window, and grabbed my hands through the bars.

"Riker! Are you ok!?" She asked, squeezing my hands tight in hers.

"No! T-they hurt me!"

"I'm going to get you out, ok?"

Skylar dropped my hands, and left. I slid to the floor in pain.

I heard some banging from outside, and then the door opened. Skylar came over to me.

"A-are you going to hurt me?"

"Oh my gosh, Riker, no!"

Skylar sat next to me on the ground.

"W-why did you break up with me?"

"My ex made me. And I'm in a situation with him and everything right now, so if we could not talk about that right now, that'd be great."

I nodded, making more tears fall down my cheeks.

Skylar grabbed my hands in hers.

"What hurts?"

"Everything!" I said, crying.

"Can you walk?"

"I-I think so."

"Ok, come on."

Skylar grabbed my backpack, and then helped me stand. We got about 20 feet from the bathroom, and then I fell down in the grass.

"Riker!"

"It just hurts!"

"Ok, ok... We're almost to my car. It's like 50 feet away. You can make it. And then I'm taking you to the emergency room."

"No! Please! Anywhere but there! I hate the doctor's! I just want to go home!"

"Riker, you can barely walk! You're hurt! There's blood! You need to go there."

I started crying harder, thinking of all the horrible things they're going to do to me with needles and stuff.

"Riker, come on. You've been stuck there for hours. We need to get to the hospital."

Skylar POV

I was looking down at Riker, crumpled in a ball on the grass. I was having an argument back and forth in my mind whether or not to just call 911 right now, and get him an ambulance.

"Riker, please! Come on!"

I knelt down beside him, grabbed under his arms, and made him stand again. I helped him to my car. I put him in the backseat so he could lay down if he wanted to. His fingers were shaking, so I helped him with his seatbelt.

From the light in the car, I could see there was blood all over him. It was on his face, hands, arms, clothes, and I bet a bunch of other places I just didn't see right now.