Chapter Twenty Three - Before you say no

"Wake up." Connor whispered in my ear. I moaned and rolled over onto my other side.

"Wake up!" He yelled and started bouncing on the bed. He kept making weird sound effects while kissing my cheek every now and then.

"Alright!" I laughed. "I'm up!"

"Good." He said and stopped bouncing. I rolled over onto my back and sleepily opened my eyes. Connor had is arms on both sides of my body, trapping me underneath of him. He smiled a big smile and leaned down to kiss me. It was a quick little peck but was just what I needed every morning.

Connor rolled off of me and onto the floor. The loud thud stunned me but I was shortly relieved by Connor's laugh.

"That's a good way to wake you up." He said as he popped his head up from the floor. I didn't even realize it but my eyes were bugging out of my head. My face softened and I relaxed a little bit. My eyes started to get heavy again since Connor woke me up from my peaceful slumber. I laid back down in bed and snuggled up to my pillow, wrapping the comforter around my body like a cocoon. "Kaylen!" Connor yelled. "Get up!" I felt his hands grasp the comforter at my feet and rip it off my body. "Get up, get up, get up!"

"Connor!" I laughed.

"Don't, make me say it again!"

"Alright, this time, I'm really up." I said and swung my feet off the edge of the bed. I unexpectedly yawned and stretched once more. Connor came up to me, touched my upper arm, leaned down, and kissed the underneath of my jawline. Damn this boy, he knows my weaknesses.

I gasped at his sudden move and felt his lips curl on my neck, exposing his teeth onto my bare skin. He kissed my neck once again and pulled away, walking over to the closet. I stood up and walked over to my closet, nearest to the bed so that I could be even more lazy. I looked back at Connor who's back was facing me. I frowned to myself since I couldn't see his 'morning eyes.' My face changed the instant he slowly took off his shirt. Connor threw his old shirt into the laundry hamper and reached into his closet, pulling out two shirts. I stood there in awe as he turned around to face me.

"Which one?" He asked, holding up a black tank top with a flower pattern for the pocket and a black shirt with the word 'Popular' written in gold cursive writing. I knew that if he wore the tank top, he would wear a beanie with it. If I wanted to run my hands through his hair, I had to pick the 'Popular' shirt.

"I like the black one." I said without even comprehending that they were both black. Connor looked at the tank top, then over to the 'Popular' shirt.

"I like this one too." He said, raising up the shirt I wanted him to wear. I smiled at our similar taste in clothing and turned back to my closet. Knowing Connor, if he didn't like what I was wearing, he would voice his opinion. So, I had to make this outfit perfect. I thought for a second and remembered that I had a beautiful tribal print tank top that was outlined in white. It had so many colors and was exactly what would stun Connor today.

I grabbed the tank top and laid it down on my bed. I turned back to my closet and found my favorite pair of shorts. They are tan and are somewhat short. I turned to look at Connor who was now fully dressed.

"Don't look." I said with a serious look on my face. He smiled and sealed his eyes shut, turning back around. I turned to face my closet and stripped off my shirt. I got the feeling I was being watched so I quickly turned around with a big smile on my face. Fortunately, Connor was in the same position he was in before.

Once I was completely undressed from the waist up, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Connor was standing in the doorway of his closet, facing me.