Prologue

Oxford dictionary defines 'haven' as a place of safety or refuge.

Safety.

Refuge.

I think that’s what you get when you’re in a normal family..

Well, that was a massive blow right there, just below my leopard-printed Jimmy Choo belt over my waist. Good thing that was a figurative blow but it was a literal one, I’ll have to bend down with my paired Jimmy Choo leopard-printed platforms and bitch-slap you in the face, twice.

Home was supposed to be safe, full of love and care.. where all hopes and dreams are formed and nourished.

It was a wholly other thing to me.

At the age of 18, I did have everything, materially speaking. From Fausto Puglisi, Agent Provocateur, Alexander Wang, American Apparel, Chanel, Saint Laurent.. to a Classic Gothic Revival Stucco house at the southern end of Addison Road, London and a red McLaren Mp4-12C Spider. I have no problem with having friends and invitations for parties are everywhere. 

The boys want me.

The girls want to be me.

But have you ever asked me what you have that I don’t?

Freedom. My dreams were ignored and my hopes were cast down even before it was made. My life was written before they heard my first cry. Born with invisible shackles from the company lies my dead dreams.

My dead, scattered dreams.

Because I am Hayley Marie Lao, born to be one of the three fighting heiresses of Lao International Oil Corporation.

 I am one of the new generation’s future female leaders.

Yeah boy! That made an impact, LOL! I’m just kidding on the.. oh wait. Everything I said is true. It’s just that I only want my freedom..

And my Fausto Puglisi.. Maybe I can give up Chanel, Agent Provocateur, Alexander Wang, American Apparel but not Saint Laurent.. AND MY GOTHIC HOUSE! I can’t live without a house, you know.

And my baby red McLaren..

My volleyball team..

My modelling career..

My colorful nightlife..

Oh, for the love of whose holy, can someone please help me?