Three: Paramour

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest, like tons of hollow blocks filling it but a warm embrace around my body assured me otherwise. Taking a huge gulp of air and letting it out together with the heavy feeling, I smiled as he tugged me close to him.

Warren.

Smiling before I opened my eyes.. this is one of the things that I wish to do every morning. Under our warm cover, I shifted my weight on my back and faced him.. causing his lips to make a positive curve. "Had a good night sleep, Ms. Lao?"

"Well yes, Mr. Davis."

I let him glide his arm around the small of my back and pull me against his body. I tilt my head upward as he nuzzles down to my neck, sending feather light kisses from my throat to my cheek.. And as he approached my lips, I instantly covered it with my bare palms.

"What?"

I rolled out of the bed and smiled at him. "I haven't brushed my teeth since yesterday night." I heard him laugh after I ran to the bathroom.

Took a quick shower, fixed my make up and headed to the kitchen. I saw Warren preparing bacons and sausages on the table so I cheerfully sat on one of the chairs and gave him a quick blinks.

He again smiled at me and gave me the quick kiss I denied to him a while ago. "What do you want to do today?"

Grabbing a loaf of bread, I turned my gaze to him. "You have to work, Warren. Go, I'll wait here."

"I'll be working here, told my secretary to send me the files I need." He said after a sip of coffee.

Before I voiced out my outrageous comment about him skipping his duties as the Vice President of Swire Group, he shoved a full loaf of bread filled with fried eggs in my mouth. "I told Marissa I left early for the weekend business trip, so there's nothing to worry."

I wanted to condemn his decision but then I remembered what happened last night.. and I ended up chewing what's inside my mouth.

After breakfast, we settled on a couch for a moment. I put my head on his chest as he hugged me closer, kissing my hair. He knows what I need at times like this--no talking, just warmth and calm heartbeats.

"Want to watch some movies?"

I shook my head.

"Am I allowed to know what happened last night?"

A bitter laugh escaped from my mouth. "I always tell you everything!"

Then his infectious laugh came, one the the things that I miss for a month that he's away. His daughter caught influenza two days ago and the latter was constantly looking for his dad plus the complications from his work got him all worked up.