Chapter 12

Kenny awoke the next morning curled up against Damon's chest. Damon's heart beating softly and steadily in Kenny's ears. The pounding sound grounded Kenny, reminding him Damon had cared enough to stay. Wait. When had he stayed? Damon had gone back to the couch hadn't he? "Damon?" Kenny whispered and moved his head to look up at Damon.

Damon stirred softly and pulled Kenny closer against him in his sleep. Kenny whined softly but, rested his head back against Damon. "You know you suck at waking people up..." Damon's deep voice rolled through the air like gravel making Kenny jump. Damon smiled and ran his hand through Kenny's hair, "not that I'm complaining."

Kenny looked up, his eyes wide. "I'm sorry for waking you Damon..." His voice was quiet as he sat up on the bed.

"You better be," Damon growled playfully and sat up behind Kenny. Slowly, he swung his legs off the side of the bed and stretched. "You really like to cuddle in your sleep, don't you?"

"I do not!" Kenny growled, "besides, I didn't ask you to sleep with me."

"Not yet," Damon looked at Kenny and winked, "but soon."

Kenny blushed softly and looked down, "shut up..."

Damon stood up and walked backwards towards the door. "Make me," he smirked and lightly hit his chest with his palms.

"Don't tempt me," Kenny said, moving to hang his feet off the edge of the bed.

"Come at me," Damon smirked and watched Kenny get to his feet. "Shit.." He whispered and raced out the door, closely followed by a running Kenny.

The two sped through the house until Kenny lost sight of Damon. The house was silent and sent chills down Kenny's spine. "Damon?" Kenny called, slowing to a walking pace. His blue eyes searched in front of him. Kenny paused in the hallway and stood there for a moment, there was no place Damon could have gone to leave him, was there?

"Gotcha!" Damon proclaimed and wrapped his arms around Kenny from behind, lifting him into the air. Swiftly, Damon spun Kenny in the air. Kenny's hands gripped tight to Damon's shoulders, his heart threatened to pound out of his chest altogether. Damon stood holding Kenny in the air and just stood there for the longest time. Kenny's breath never steadied as Damon held him to where his feet fell just short of touching the ground. The two stared deep into the others eyes. Softly, Damon rested Kenny back on his feet and onto the solid ground. "Gotcha.." he said again quieter, not breaking the eye contact between the two.

Kenny pushed Damon's shoulder lightly, "jerk."

"Your jerk," Damon winked and wrapped his hands a little tighter around his waist, "how 'bout a movie?"

"With a jerk," Kenny teased looking up at Damon.

"With a jerk." Damon smiled and swayed Kenny with his hands.

"Alright," Kenny smiled softly back and his gaze fell slowly downward, "movie it is then."