The Party

I came home from a walk at 7:30. I rushed upstairs and threw myself into the shower. There were only 30 minutes left until Pacifica's  party!
After getting out, I combed my hair and put more gel in it. Mabel helped me put on my suit and Soos fixed my bow tie.
Finally, it was 7:55. Mabel and I began to walk to the Northwest's new house. On the way, Mabel stopped to pick up Grenda.
"Hey Dipper!" I couldn't tell if she was shouting or just normally greeting me. Her voice still hadn't changed in the three years we had been gone.
"Hi! Is uh... Candy with you?" I peeked around her to see if Candy was coming out the door.
"Yeah, she'll be out in just a minute. She'll be so excited to see that you're actually going!"
Before I could move, Candy came rushing out and hugged me.
"Heeeeey Candy..." I hugged her back.
"I am so glad you are going!" She let go and offered a hand. I took it, uncomfortably. We walked together and arrived at a large house atop a small hill. We went up and rang the doorbell. As the door opened, I let go of Candy's hand. She looked at me, confused. I nervously smiled and looked up at Mr. And Mrs. Northwest. They let us in and informed us that Pacifica was in the ball room.
Although the house wasn't as big as their old mansion, it was still ginormous. It had a ballroom, two barns, and an indoor pool along with four floors of rooms.
We walked into the ball room full of people. The mayor was in the middle, dancing to the fast song that was on. There were various groups of people. Nearly everyone in the town was there. Mabel, Candy, and Grenda ran off to meet Grenda's boyfriend. I shoved through people and finally got to Pacifica.
"Hey, you made it!" She yelped excitedly. I noticed Gideon eyeing her from nearby so, I pulled her over to where Mabel and her friends were. Candy wasn't there, she was at the food table. Thank God!
Mabel saw me standing with Pacifica and her smile widened. Grenda laughed. Mabel had obviously told her.
"Pacifica, are there going to be any slow dan-" They began to ask but were cut off by a change of songs.