hyungwon | complisult

[A complisult is a backhanded compliment or a compliment with a hint of insult in it.]

Requested by: @iAmberAmanda

///

You walked out of your house, heading down the sidewalk. It was bright outside and warm so you decided to take a walk. A little break from studying.

The air smelled fresh with spring flowers. You turned a corner and saw a familiar person walking down the sidewalk in front of you. It happened to be your boyfriend, Hyungwon. He glanced up from from ground and saw you, a smile starting to form on his face.

You both slowly approached each other and then Hyungwon said something when you finally reached him.

"You looked good from far away." He smiled.

"I what?" You said.

"That dress makes you look slim, Y/N." He started to reach out to touch you but you backed away.

"Hyungwon." You glared,"What is that supposed to mean?"

He gave you a questioning look,"Huh?"

"So your saying, I don't look slim any other day? I don't look good close up?"

"N-no." He stuttered out, his face started to turn red,"I-I didn't mean it that way."

"Are you sure. It didn't sound like it." You crossed your arms.

"Really I didn't!" He protested.

"Are you arguing with me? Why are you yelling, hm?" You watched him put his head down.

"Look. I didn't mean too, okay. Stop embarrassing me in public."

You scoffed,"Oh so it's okay for you to embarrass me and say I'm not good looking but it's not okay to embarrass you because your an idol and it will ruin your image."

"I said I didn't mean to!" He yelled, rolling his eyes.

"Stop thinking about yourself.." You started to walk away when he caught your arm.

"I'm not. Honestly, I didn't mean for it to sound bad or anything.." He looked at you sadly.

You just stared at him,"Just..leave me alone for alittle bit."

He let go and nodded, obviously upset. You began to walk again and Hyungwon followed.

You both walked in silence for awhile before you ended up at a restaurant and surprisingly he followed you inside.

"Table for one." You said not looking at Hyungwon.

"Table for two actually." He correct you and the waitress looked at you both confused before returning a smile.

The waitress guided you to a table with a flower centerpiece of blue and white lilies. A little fancy for such a small restaurant that sells burgers.

You sat down, aware of Hyungwon's lingering eyes.

"What?" You snapped.

"Don't be childish." He said, his voice low.

You laughed,"Are you being serious."

"How many times do I have to say sorry?" He rolled his eyes,"You look beautiful everyday. Your the most prettiest girl I've ever seen."

You nodded,"Yeah. From far away."

Hyungwon slammed a hand down,"Okay. You win. I messed up. It didn't come out right. I'm sorry."

You flinched a little but didn't say anything.

"You know I love you. Nothing you say will change that. I don't care if you yell at me or hate me after today. My feelings won't change." His voice lowered as he took his hand away from the table.

By then, the waitress had came back to take our orders, but you were no longer hungry. Hyungwon order your usual though, a double cheeseburger with a side of fries. He ordered two.

"You didn't have to do that." You mumbled.

"I do." He replied back.

"I'm sorry. I was..out of line." You couldn't make eye contact with him.

"Don't worry about it anymore. I'm not." He leaned back against the back of the hard chair.

"But..Hyungwon."

He suddenly say back up and reached cross the table, putting a finger to your lips,"I said don't worry about it." He smiled.

You looked at him, confused by his behavior but you were somewhat glad he wasn't mad.

"Thank you." You whispered against his finger,"I..love you too."

"Jagiya, your beautiful inside, outside, upside-down, from the side, up close, far away and from every angle."

You laughed lightly and took his hand in yours, to speechless to say anything.