An introduction from the author...

Well guys, it's been quite a while since I've last posted a story on Wattpad-a full story, I mean. Let alone a story that means half as much to me as it does to others. It was nice writing a girl and her camera, but I'll admit now that it was far too premature and not exactly as well-planned as some of my other books. But this particular story has a bit of history behind it (Not counting the era it's set in), and so I thought I might take a little bit of time to explain it to you before I begin with the first chapter.

This was the very first full, novel-sized story I'd ever written. In love with my enemy came after. I was proud of myself when I finished it, even thought it ought to be published. But I was quickly brought to my senses when I read over it, and found that not only was it inaccurate, it was messily written by a fifteen year old. Whom I, despite my praised maturity, was still at the time.

I've put this particular story aside in the past four years to focus on The Angel and the Rebel trilogy. But now that it's been finished for quite some time, and now that my university course is complete, I've decided to have a sit down and think, really think about a whole litter of ideas I've had going around in my mind. It was only natural this story come to mind for me; it's been around, ever since I considered the possibility of writing for myself. My one friend was the writer, the other a Math wiz, I thought I was destined to be the artsy one. I guess I could say that this story was just as much an old friend as In love with my enemy was. And now I feel I'm finally ready to share it.

Count this chapter as a bit of a forewarning about the story beforehand. It is essentially, a fictional account about the Holocaust. Not as much the horrors of it, but the unsung heroes who did everything in their power-no matter what little power they had-to save their own kind, and all those fallen victim to the Third Reich. If you've ever heard of the Jewish resistances, in camps around Europe, then you'll know roughly where my story comes from. The characters, and the resistance group named 'The flock' are completely fictional. However the settings, and the events within the time frame are complete realities. Even though there are some who deny the Holocaust ever happened-that all of its' victims just 'dropped' dead of natural causes, I think the evidence of the tragedy itself far out-weighs any conspiracy theory.

Do keep in mind that only certain chapters of this story are dated, not just for the sake of certain events, but because it was common that in concentration camps like Birkenau and Mauthausen to lose track of dates. Most prisoners were kept ignorant of war news, and it wasn't until after the camps were liberated from 44-45 were the aware again of the days and months. In places like that, it wasn't hard to lose track of time altogether.

Last but not least, the events in this book have been researched for dates and authentic accounts, however not everything may be accurate, experience-wise. How could it be? I grew up in this millennium. No matter how much research I can do, I'll never know what it's fully like to live through such a horror as that. But I can try to keep it as accurate as possible, so do bear with me as you read this. There may be some unrealistic scenes in this as well, but in the end this story is just a story. Not a reliable record of history, or something to document.

In conclusion, if you do choose to read this story, all I ask is that if you enjoy it, or have any opinions on it, make it known. I will not tolerate straight abuse or trolls, but everybody here is entitled to share their opinion. And if you have any criticism, that's fine too. You don't have to like my story; you don't even have to read it if you don't want to. But if you do, please don't be shy. I'm willing to listen and hear whatever you guys think. First impressions count, every time you begin a story, to when you end it.

Yours faithfully,

Julia. M