Part 1

Eren wipes his tears and takes another step towards the door just as his legs stop shaking. He should've done this years ago, but he was just a child and didn't have the courage to. Not that he didn't get scared today when he did it, but the point is he did it. He didn't deserve to be treated that way. No one does.

One day when he was ten his dad took him to 'a friend's house' and just left him there without telling him anything. The two guys that were there didn't talk to him either; they just checked him out, smirking and nodded to themselves. And that was when Eren realized he was gonna stay there until his dad would give those mans' money back. But that day never came.

So here he is with a backpack on his shoulders, a blood stained knife at his feet and his hand on the door knob, taking a deep breath and trying not to think about the fact that he killed someone and that the other man's gonna chaise him even if he runs away. But anywhere is better than this place so with a final sigh he opens the door and steps out. Cold air hits his uncovered face and his body shivers underneath his thin jacket and shirt. At first he hesitates 'cause it's been five years since the last time he was outside the house, but then he thinks fuck it and starts running in the snow like his life depends on it; it kinda does actually.

__

Levi gets in his new blue car and sighs, rolling his eyes at the puff of air coming out that shows the low temperature and that he has to wait a bit for his car to warm up. Even inside the car, he can still hear fans screaming. The crowd is bigger than usual thanks to Petra, his new singer girlfriend. He doesn't like to call her a "girlfriend"-they still don't know much about each other- but everyone else does so he does too 'cause he doesn't really care.

He starts the car and gets away from those loud people. Man, it's a gift that wealth comes with fame; he could never get away from the fans without his fast car.

His phone is ringing for the sixth time that day and he finally picks up, cursing at anyone who's calling.

It's Jean.

"Who do you think you are, ignoring me?!" Jean says with a smirk obvious in his voice.

"I thought it was Petra." Levi says honestly. Petra really needs to stop calling that much. "You're not very different from her though."

"Excuse you, I'm fifty times more manly than you," Jean sounds offended. He hates it when Levi calls him girly, and he does that a lot. "Mr. Clean-the-entire-house-every-day."

Levi just glares at the snowflakes landing on the glass.

"Anyway, Levi. I heard you fired Arlert. What's with you and firing every servant i introduce to you?" he says with a little anger in his voice. He's only found two servants, he's being dramatic. Levi is busy these days and can't do the house work and it's driving him crazy so he told Jean and Marco, his two best friends, to try to find him a good servant. But apparently none of them has been good enough for Levi's huge house.

"He refused to do everything I told him." Levi reasons calmly as he opens the front door of his house and gets in, cringing at the mess in the living room. It's not that bad, but dirt is dirt no matter the quantity. "The brat would just give me some intelligent advise about how to keep my house clean; like, brat are you gonna mop off the floor or nah?"

"Alright, no need to get mad at me." Jean says, Levi can say by his voice that he's pouting. And he says he's manly, Levi thinks. "Just find someone yourself, you lazy ass."

"Yeah, yeah. I'mma go get a shower."

"see ya, grumpy clean freak."

__

Eren wakes up and freaks out when he realizes he's not in his room. His room was so horrible 'cause he was too busy doing whatever his owner told him to that he couldn't manage to clean it; but the room he is in right now is so nice he thinks he had died and he's in paradise.

He blinks several times 'til he's convinced he isn't dreaming.

He tries to remember last night but everything's blurry; probably because he was too hungry to see. He remembers getting tired of running and sitting on a bench and closing his eyes. He'd passed out maybe.

Someone knocks on the door and waits. Eren is kinda scared because when he gets a room like this, that's surely the only good thing he gets. So the person outside the door is surely gonna be his evil ex-owner, or a new evil owner.

The person knocks again and this time Eren tries not to be a chicken and murmurs, "c-come in." sitting straight on the bed.

A young boy steps in, smiling a sheepish smile at him. Eren gets a bit confident and frowns, making the boy's smile get unsure. He takes another step and Eren's stomach feels so empty when he sees a tray of food in the boy's hands.

"Hi, I'm Marco. I found you in the street last night." He says, coming closer. "Sorry for bringing you here without asking, but you wouldn't wake up and you looked cold and hungry."

He is hungry; starving, actually. But he's still suspicious so he just watches Marco carefully.

"OK, so I'll just put this here," Marco declares, putting the tray down on the bedside table. "And you can come out whenever you're ready. Oh, the bathroom's there by the way," he gestures towards a door in the corner. "I also put some cloths there in case you'd need a bath."

Eren nods with lacked jaw and mutters a thank you. Marco steps back, still smiling. "No problem. I'm in the living room, OK?" Eren nods again and he leaves, closing the door behind him.

He looks at the bowl of soup and bread, and though he thinks it's all too good to be true, he shrugs and starts eating.

After finishing the whole food and taking a bath-but wearing his own cloth from his backpack-he gets out of the room and into the living room, where he finds Marco and another guy arguing over something.

"Stop yelling at me, Jean!" Marco yells at the other guy.

"I'm just saying you can't just drag some random homeless guy here." Jean's eyes become softer as he ruffles Marco's hair, "who's gonna annoy me after you get killed?"

Marco pulls away, sulking. "As if you care."

Jean looks hurt for a second before he frowns again. And that's when Marco notices his presence, "hey." Marco puts a forced smile on his face. Eren decides he likes him.

"h-hey," Eren replies, getting nervous under Jean's glare. "I don't know how or why I passed out last night but I'm fine so, I'm gonna leave now. Sorry for the trouble. And thank-"

"You don't have to leave yet." Marco interrupts him and Eren wishes he's being honest 'cause he doesn't even know where to go.

Jean rolls his eyes as he sits down on the couch. "He's always nice to strangers but to me..."he says under his breath, crossing his arms and looking at Eren like he's broke his toy or something. And Eren wonders how someone as kind as Marco can be friends with someone like Jean. Or maybe they're not friends, they're more like enemies honestly.