Part 2

He ends up staying at Marco's place 'cause Marco is just too nice to reject. Jean leaves after an hour probably to avoid dying of jealousy.

So they just sit there on the couch, talking about unimportant things and not about Eren's story because he doesn't want to and Marco understands; he just guesses once, saying he thinks Eren has really good manners-probably 'cause he doesn't sprawl on the couch like him and talks way too politely-and that he's from some rich family but he has ran away to live on his own and carry his own weight. If he only knew.

When it gets dark, Marco shows him to his room. He really liked the room he woke up in, but it turns out to be Marco's own room.

Marco opens a door and steps in after Eren, turning the lights on. "Oops." he scratches behind his head as he looks around at the messy room. "I never use this one anymore. Do you think you can sleep in here just tonight? And I'll call someone to clean it in the morning?"

Eren looks at him, shocked. He talks like he's ok with it if Eren stays there for more than just tonight. "Sounds good to me." He says with a smile and Marco looks relieved. He leaves him lying on the bed after exchanging goodnights.

Eren crosses his arms under his head, staring up at the ceiling. He tries to figure out what to do with his life but his brain doesn't work properly at the moment. He starts thinking maybe there's a little chance to find his dad but he pushes the thought away knowing he'd passed away 'cause he was sick and didn't have the money to pay for medicines. Then he starts thinking about what's gonna happen to him if his other owner finds him, he can't push this thought away though and it makes him feel ill.

He needs a distraction. He turns the lights on again and purses his lips while looking for something interesting. There's nothing except for some summer clothes on the floor, which are irrelevant in this season, and some pencils and DVDs and other stuff here and there. So eventually he finds out that the only thing to do is cleaning up the room, which he hates but there's no other choice so he starts doing just that.

After a few minutes when he's done working, Marco comes in with a glass of water in his hand.

"You awake? I brought you some..." he trails off as he glances around, gasping. "How did you do it so fast?!"

"Um...oh. I started five minutes ago actually, but I didn't know where the vacuum and other cleaning stuff were so I just...yeah." He shrugs one shoulder.

"Wow! That's-that's so-that's good." Why is he so amused? Eren wonders. Maybe being strange is just a part of his personality. "Well, I'll just give you the water."

"Yeah ok, thanks."

...

"Eren!" he hears someone calling him from the kitchen and he knows it's his owner from the way he shouts. So he walks in there, facing the floor 'cause that man is too scary to look at, especially when he's drunk like now. "When I call you I expect you to answer immediately!"

He wants to tell him to shut up; and then kill him with the first knife he finds, but he just nods and apologizes.

"You can't get away with just being sorry. You should learn your lesson." Eren fists his hands, breathing in and out to keep from punching him in the nuts.

"Get your clothes off." He demands. Eren is not gonna do that, not again. He's wasted many years of his life on this arsehole.

It's a dark, snowy afternoon; the dim sunlight is coming in through the window pane, reminding him that it still exists. The world still exists, he can tell that by the birds outside the window, trying hard to find their own food so they can fly freely, and he wishes he could be there too. He can. It just takes a little courage. And anger, which is what he feels now toward the men who kept him inside and spared him the joy of freedom. He shouldn't be here. He wants to go outside and he would kill to get there. His blood boils in his veins and makes him roar, attacking the shocked guy and slamming his head on the floor, grabbing a nearby knife. It all happens too quickly the guy can't even react. And Eren just stabs and stabs-

He sits up quickly, sucking air into his lungs before he realizes it was a nightmare and his breathing evens. But it wasn't just a nightmare, it was a memory. A memory that he knows is never gonna leave.

He looks at the clock on the wall, it's 8AM. He stands up, stretching his arms above his head while he's contemplating whether he should leave today or not, and where to. He decides to stay for one or two other days, knowing Reiner-his other ex-owner-is still looking for him. He has to find a job but it's not gonna be that easy, so even though he knows Marco has already done him so much favors, he's gonna ask him to help him find a job. Eren has gone to school and even after his dad left him he secretly kept on studying without attending classes so hopefully he can be fine with any job.

He walks down the stairs and gets a little nervous when he sees no one there. He's a bit hungry and doesn't like to steal food from Marco so he just heads to the kitchen to drink water, but before he gets there he hears the front door click open and two seconds after that, someone grabs his hands from behind him and holds them still. "Caught you." The person whispers in his ear, making him shiver. It can be Reiner; the thought makes him want to die.

"Let me go!" he screams, wiggling so he can turn around and at least see if it's Reiner. But he can't move, and that confirms that the person is Reiner with those strong hands. The only thing he can do is to call: "Marco!"

It's useless because first, Marco is not home and second, he must be the one who called Reiner in the first place. He should've known that people who are too kind, in fact are not kind at all. It's been a trap.

He's surprised when Reiner frees his hands and gets one step far. "You're a friend of Marco?"

This doesn't sound like Reiner. The voice is raspy but yet it's so soft Eren wants to cuddle it every night while sleeping. He turns around to look at him; there stands a guy at his age with a blank expression on his beautiful face. Beautiful? Did I really think that?

"I thought you were a thief." He speaks again and Eren swears he hears birds singing in the background. "Where's Marco?"

"You're the one who was gripping my hands?"

"Obviously."

"Oh I doubted it for a second, considering you didn't apologize," Eren crosses his arms and when he doesn't get an answer he goes on, "And you're so small." This time he gets a deep frown from him which makes him take a step back. His frown is too scary in comparison for his height.

"Where.is.Marco?"

"I.don't.know."

"Whatever." He turns on his heels and starts walking away.

"I'll tell him you were here, just give me your name." Eren says, but he has already walked out the door.

He was weird. And that's one of the reasons why he keeps Eren's mind busy;along with his blue-gray eyes, sexy voice, and soft looking lips.