Teuvo Teravainen (Carolina Hurricanes)

"9 years?! He hasn't proposed and it's been 9 years?!" Lindsey practically screamed. "Linds, you don't understand," I started. "9 years? I knew it was long but I didn't think it was that long." Elina added and I heard Annie murmur a "ya." The team was at some promotional meeting, so us WAGS decided to hang out together at me and Teuvo's house. There was a lot of new WAGS, so we were all trying to get to know each other better. We were all catching up on each other's love lives, and then they asked "the question." The question meaning, when do you think he's gonna propose. The thing about my family is, none of them ever really believed in marriage, and the ones who did didn't have good luck. They (me included) felt that you didn't need an expensive ring to prove you love someone. Years of commitment and love can't be symbolled in an expensive ceremony and a diamond ring, in my opinion. "Well the thing is, my family doesn't really believe in marriage." I told them. "Just because they don't, doesn't believe you can't." Amanda said. "I don't really either," I admitted sheepishly. "My parents have been together for 30 years and have 5 children together and they were never married. My grandparents had 2 and they were never married. My aunt and uncle got married, but they were divorced after barely a year of marriage. I just don't really believe in marriage. I don't think you need to spend thousands of dollars on a dress and a ceremony and a ring and all that stuff when you could use that money later for your kids and after you retire. And I know, I probably just hurt a bunch of your feelings. To the married and engaged; Dayna, Elina, Mandy, Ksenia, Lauren, Martha, Jana, Brandy, and whoever else I missed, I'm really sorry if I offended you. I'm gonna go get some air." I said walking out, tears falling. I had probably just offended some of my best friends feelings because I was inconsiderate and was one of like 3 girls in the world who didn't want to get married. I swung open the door and ran, bumping into someone. "Woah there, where ya goin so fast, kaunis?" I heard my love ask me and I looked up. He saw my tears and pulled me into a hug. "What's wrong prinsessa?" He asked me after he had pulled me aside into our room. "Me and the girls were talking about our boyfriends and husbands and stuff, and then Lindsey and Elina and Annie freaked out when they found out we'd been together for 9 years and we're not engaged. And I told them it's because I don't believe in marriage, and I could just tell I hurt so many of their feelings and I'm just such a bad person." I started crying and he pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. "Baby, you know you're an incredible person. You have your thoughts about marriage and I respect them. I know that if you ever change your mind, I'll always be ready. But as of now, you don't want to. And I'm okay with that." He told me and I smiled. "More I think about it, the more I realize that marriage is only bad if you make it bad. I mean, look at Elina, Dayna, Brandy, all them. They've been married for years and their happy." I admitted and he smiled. He let go of me for a second and grabbed something out from underneath his clothes in a drawer. "Well if you're ready, it's a good thing I came prepared." He turned around to show me a black box. My eyes widened and my mouth was agape as I watched Teuvo bend down on one knee. "Marriage might not be your thing, but I want to make it ours. Marry me?" Tears filled my eyes and I nodded, not being able to trust my words. "I love you." I said kissing him. "Love you more, my sulhanen." He said cutely and I smiled. "I gotta go talk to the girls." We walked downstairs, hands linked together. "I'm so sorry. I was out of line. And I guess I had a change of heart," I made a show of moving my hand over to rest it on my hip. I heard a high pitched scream come from Lindsey's mouth and the girls and all the guys who had came over got excited for us. "I'm so happy!" Elina cheered. Through all of the madness with everyone, I still managed to find my knight in shining armour. "It's a good thing I found you." I said grabbing his wrist and he turned around, smiling. "I love you, Mrs Teravainen." He smiled cheekily and I kissed his cheek. "Love you more, Mr Teravainen."

kaunis means beautiful
prinsessa means princess
sulhanen means fiancé

just an FYI, I'm really sorry if I offended anyone on their marriage beliefs. I'm a strong believer of marriage but the idea was purely for the story!

wags boyfriends/husbands
Lindsey; Jonathan toews
Elina; niklas hjalmarsson
annie; trevor van Riemsdyk
Mandy; Andrew desjardins
ksenia; Artem anisimov
Lauren; dale Weise
Martha; Scott darling
Jana; Marian Hossa
brandy; Andrew Ladd

this are the actual wags names and their actual husbands/boyfriends! hope you guys like this one :)