Jakob Chychrun (Arizona Coyotes)

Jakob POV
"Sir. there was a miscommunication. I asked for 50 balloons, not 500. You have to understand." I have been planning a surprise party for my long time girlfriend, Y/N, for the past month and everything was going perfect. Well, until the actual party came along. Her brother, who she had been close with her entire life, was supposed to fly out and surprise her for her 18th birthday, but there was a huge storm in Chicago, where she was from, so he couldn't come. And on top of that, my order was mixed up with our balloons and so instead of having 50 balloons for the front room of my apartment, there was 500 balloons. She had been accepted into the University of Michigan, her dream school since she was 10 years old, and I had been shipped out to Sarnia, living in my own small apartment with a few of my teammates. I had been drafted to the Coyotes, which was a blow. We were hoping for someone like the Red Wings, the Blackhawks, the Blue Jackets, or someone close to UMich. I had ended up 29 hours away from the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. It blows, but it gives me motivation. Everything I do is for her. And that's why I want this surprise party to be perfect so that she knows how much I love her, how much she means to me, and how much her support means to me. People were coming in 2 hours and I still had to pick up the food, pick up her presents, and do what seemed like 8 thousand other things. Travis, as in Konecny, is supposed to be here any minute now, leaving me alone with my bulldog, Boomer, and my 500 balloons. "Woah, dude, think you have enough balloons?" He said laughing and I rolled my eyes. "Ya, you think? Now, hurry, I need your help."
-----
After an hour and 45 minutes of not stop getting ready for this party, people finally started to arrive. Even a couple of Y/N's friends from back home in Chicago had made it out for her party, which was gonna make her very happy. Just then, my phone started ringing. Y/N's best friend in Sarnia, Krista, had taken her to get her nails done. Y/N has a summer birthday, and over the summers she stays with me so she had met some friends out here in Sarnia, one of them being Krista. She only sees Krista when she comes to see me so she always makes a point to see her. I told her she should go get her nails done with Krista, on me, for her birthday and she went. That girl is a sucker for getting her nails done. She will never turn it down. "Hey Jake, we're on our way home. Just wanted to make sure you knew so you could start dinner." She said and I smirked. "How far are you so I know when to start?" I asked. "10 minutes." She said. "Okay I'll start it now, thanks Kris!" I hung up the phone and looked at the 30 some people in my apartment. "10 minutes! It's 5:30 right now. At 5:35, start hiding!" I exclaimed to everyone in my apartment and I heard many murmur "okays" or "I call behind the couch." When 5:35 rolled around, everyone was hiding frantically. Everyone was accounted for in their hiding spots and I hid behind the TV. "This ain't no intro, this entree, hit that intro with Kanye and sound like Andre! Tryna turn my baby mama to my fiancee, she like music she from-" my girlfriend's off pitch singing of Chance the Rapper was cut off by everyone jumping up from their seats yelling "Surprise!" Her singing stopped and she looked around. Her eyes met mine and she gave me a look and I nodded, assuring her that I had planned everything. She smiled brightly and ran towards me, running into my arms, jumping up and wrapping her arms around my shoulders and her legs around my torso. "Jakie, this is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you so much." She told me and I smiled into her shoulder. "Only the best for my baby girl. I love you princess." I told her and she lifted her head from my shoulder, kissing me. "I love you more. Seriously, thank you so much for this. I have always wanted someone to plan a surprise birthday party for me." She smiled and I nodded. "I know. That's why I did this. You deserve the world and more. You deal with my schedule, which I know isn't easy when you just want to come home and cuddle and watch Grey's Anatomy. But think of this, you're going to your dream college and I'm an NHL draftee. We're living our dreams together. Me and you." I told her, leaning my forehead against mine, placing a soft kiss. I felt a tug on my pants and saw Boomer yanking on my pants with his teeth. "You, me, and this beast."

wait I actually updated this book? I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, I've been so busy lately it's ridiculous. thank you for sticking w me 💗💗