Chapter 22 - Treason of the Daleks

Chapter 22

Treason of the Daleks

Ailia struggled against the grasps of the pig men around her.

"Get off of me," she growled, ripping her arm away and striking towards one of the men.

The pig holding her other side fell back, another one came up behind her and she kicked out, her heel hitting the kneecap of one of them and crushing it.

A flare of fire wormed its way through her foot, but Ailia was too busy trying to escape to notice.

An elbow in one of the pigmen's guts diverted her attention away from the others for a second and she recieved a sock to the jaw. She growled, taking the hand and twisting it behind the pigman's back, now at the front of the group, she pushed the pigman forward, gesturing for Henry to follow behind her. And sprinted down the hall.

She came face to face with another group of pigmen, the leader pushed her into a wall. Her head connected, and spots arranged themself in front of eyes before darkness consumed her.

---

Ailia woke up a while later, Martha and Frank hovering over her.

She sat up slowly, "Wowser, they don't know how to punch but they sure do know how to make you go flying."

Martha and Frank didn't appear to find the comment humorous.

"Don't move you might have a concussion," Martha ordered, hands on Ailia's shoulders.

"I've got a light, you can check if you want, but I doubt it," Ailia muttered, fumbling around in the pocket of her cargo pants, coming up with a lighter a few minutes later.

Frank gave her a look. "Pays to be prepared," she answered, staring at the pigmen who lined the far wall.

Martha waved the light in front of her eyes and sighed, "You're good."

"Alrighty, then," Ailia took Frank's outstretched hand, standing up despite her head still pounding.

The pigmen pushed them forward, making the group move.

"All right! Alright, we're moving," Martha said, hands up in defense.

"Wait. Where are they taking us?" Frank asked.

"I don't know, but we can find out what's going on down here," Martha said.

"Though, I might have a few ideas," Ailia answered, looking down another tunnel off to the side.

She felt a pigman walk closer to her and turned to see Henry, "Henry," she was almost jumping for joy.

He ounked in response, eyes darting around.

"Sorry," she whispered, "You could escape, you know. You're stronger then us, all you have to do is find where we were taken from."

Henry shook his head, "Not," he tried to rasp, ending in a squeak, "Without...You."

Ailia frowned, "I'm serious, Henry. We have a chance at life, but when we get where ever we're going they'll...they'll kill ya, Henry."

Henry's ears seemed to droop, but rose again when he looked down at her, stubbornly shaking his head, taking her hand.

"You sure, Henry? Absolutely sure?" Ailia asked, searching for any wish to leave.

Henry answered with one word, "Yes."

"Thank you, Henry," Ailia said, a sad smile coming over her face.

"What are they keeping us here for?" Frank asked Martha from a few steps ahead.