The Judge forces me to marry a guy I havent even met so I can keep my family together!

We sat in the court room waiting for the judge to say who would get the kids, my nine neices and nephews.

Their parents had all died in a fire.. mine included.

My oldest brother, Max and is wife Lanae had

Timmy, 7

and

Beth, 5

My second oldest brother, Nick and his wife had

Gabe, 11

Niki, 8

Paul, 7

and

James, 5

My sister, Alyssa and her husband Mike had

Izzy, 9

Belle, 8

and

Matt, 6

My parents, my brothers, and my sisters all died in the fire. I had been watching the kids back at my place cause the "adults" wanted a date night and I was the only one in the family single and with nothing to do that night, so they dropped the nine trouble makers off at my tiny apartment.

A few hours later we were informed of what had happened.

FLASHBACK

"Gabe! Give it back!" Izzy yelled at her older cousin who had grabbed her journal that she had been trying to write in.

"I am in love with Johnny.. he is just so drrreeeammie" Gabe teased reading it aloud for all to hear.

Before he could read any more I grabbed it away and put it on top of the fridge, then sent him to the other side of the apartment and told him to face the wall. I took the journal down again and handed back to its owner and mouthed 'Hide it' to Izzy. She hurried off to do just that.

Then someone pounded on the door, so I told the kids to be good and walked to answer the door.

There stood a cop,

"Ummm.. Can I help you?" I asked confused

"Are you Michelle Greene?" he asked and as I nodded I saw a look of pity flash in his eyes. He put a hand on my shoulder and told me that he was sorry to inform me but that my parents and sibblings were dead.

Thats all I heard, all the rest off what he was saying got jumbled together and my brain couldn't make it out.

I turned around and saw Gabe who had been eavesdropping, crying, he rushed into my arms and we both cried soon the others not knowing what had happened came in to investigate.

END OF FLASHBACK

Now here I was, in a courtroom, trying to get custody of the only family I had left.