2: Proposition

Its been a couple of days since the encouter with Zack and I have to say that I'm truly baffled by what he said. Was he just trying to mess with my head? He can't have actually been serious, right?

"I want you to be my girlfriend..." I recall his words as I reach my locker but then reprimand myself for thinking about him- again.

It seems like I can't get away from the Winters family. In the past two days I've been noticing them way more than usual and if one of them isn't in the same class as me, passing me in the hallways or being talked about by a girl walking by, then I'm thinking about Zack and what he said to me. I just can't seem to get away from them!

Stupid Zack and his stupid wor-

"Hey, stranger," a voice close to my ears says and I jump, too busy thinking about Zack to hear someone approaching me from behind.

"It seems like we keep on meeting in these hallways..." It's only then that I realise who the smooth voice belongs to and as if my heart wasn't already pounding hard, elephants have now decided to take up residence inside me.

I slowly turn around, hoping that I'm wrong about who it is but not being surprised when I'm right.

Zack.

Deciding not to meet his eyes, I look over his shoulder and at the other students who happen to be at their lockers retreiving books for next lesson too. I notice that many of them have stopped what they were doing and are now staring at Zack and me as if we're the most fascinating creatures ever. There's a group of girls a few lockers over and I can hear them whispering whilst pointing at us.
I've never been one to care too much about what others think but even I think that it's unsettling the amount of attention I'm getting just because the Zack Winters is talking to me. Is this what he has to go through every day?

"Cara? You going to give me an answer or what?"

"Huh?" I reply as a reflex, shortly after noticing that Zack must have been speaking to me all this time.

He sighs and looks at me as if I'm one of the most stupid people in the world before speaking again. "I asked you to meet me at lunch so we can go over the agreement."

Agreement?

Oh. The agreement.

I glare at Zack before answering. "We," I gesture at the space between us. "never had an agreement. You-" I point at him. "decided that I was going to be your girlfriend without consulting me in any way. In fact, up until two days ago, we had never even spoken to each other!"

He narrows his eyes at me and I maintain my glare, daring him to look away first. It's like a déja vu of the cafeteria, except this time I'm not going to be the one who loses.

"You didn't have anything to say about it the other day."

"You didn't exactly give me a chance," I scoff, recalling how he walked away swiftly after telling me about his idea and not giving me a chance to either agree or disagree to it.

"Meet me at lunch."

"No."

He grits his teeth before repeating himself. "Meet. Me. At. Lunch."

"No." Does he seriously think that I'm going to agree to meet him just because he can glare and speak in a ridiculously low voice?

Newsflash mate, not everyone bends to your will because you're a Winters.

The bell rings from right above us and Zack snaps his head up, giving it the evils as if the bell alone is responsible for the fact we have to get to lesson within the next two minutes or we'll get a late mark.