Chapter 39

~Epilogue~

~Megan's POV~

It was 5:00 on a Friday morning. My alarm clock woke me up and all I wanted to do was sleep.

I'm always the first person to wake up in the house.

I turned over to see my husband still asleep next to me.

I was so lucky to have Brooklyn in my life. I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't there. It's hard to believe that we have been together for 10 years. Plus we have a little girl with us.

I got out of bed, trying not to wake up anyone, like every morning.

I walked out the door and downstairs to get some coffee before I go to work.

I am a pediatric surgeon and it is one of the hardest things that I have had to do. Although raising a little girl is pretty hard, but I have the best person to help me.

Brooklyn is still playing soccer and he is still amazing at it. He is gone a lot, which doesn't help, but we get through it.

~Brooklyn's POV~

I woke up again on a Friday morning with Megan gone. I missed not having her in bed with me all the time but I know that she has to work.

I don't know how I got so lucky to find her. I always go back to that day when I went to the music festival and saw her in the hotel. Now I get to wake up with her every day.

I am so proud to call her my wife, because she has done so much and she is the best doctor ever, and the best mom.

Although I hate the fact that I have to go away all the time to play football. But it pays the bills and Megan pays the bills too.

But I really love it when I have time to be at home with Megan and our little girl Brenna, she's almost 8 now and she is in kindergarten.

I got out of bed, after doing all of my thinking for the morning and went downstairs to see Megan before she had to get ready and leave for work. That's the other thing I hate, she has to leave so early and she comes home so late. But we still make it work somehow.

I came down and saw her making some coffee and toast, like she does every morning. I sat in the door of the kitchen and just stared at her because I love her so much and don't know what I would do with out her.

~Megan's POV~

I got my coffee and made some toast, then ate it at the table and thought about everything. Then Brooklyn came downstairs to join me.

"Hey honey." he said to me.

"Good morning." I said to him

"How'd you sleep last night?" he asked me

"Pretty well. I mean I only got a couple of hours but it was pretty good. How about you?"

"Well I always sleep well when I'm next to you." he said with a smirk

"I'm sure you do." I said and gave him a kiss as I was going to put my dishes away. "I'm gonna go get ready."

"Okay."

I went upstairs into my bathroom to get ready for the day and just do everything. Then Brooklyn joined me again, even though he didn't have anywhere to really be so he didn't have to do anything, but he likes to get ready with me so that I don't feel lonely. Plus this is the time that he usually likes to go for a run.

"So are you excited for this weekend?" Brooklyn asked me

"What's this weekend?" I asked

"I have a football game this weekend."

"Oh right, I'm so sorry I forgot. But I am excited to go, this will be one of the first one's that is close to home."

"And I can't wait to show my two ladies off." he said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay, well I have to get going, but I will see you tonight for dinner, and don't forget to wake up Brenna for school. And don't forget to make her a lunch."

"Don't worry, I have it all under control."

"How did I get so lucky to have you as my husband."

"Well I think we have Romeo to thank for that."

"Yes we do."

Then I gave him a kiss and went to my car to drive to the hospital.

As I was driving, I was watching the sun rise on this beautiful spring morning in California and all I could think was that I was truly the luckiest girl in the world.

~Here we are laying side by side, staring at one another, and I can't help it but think how lucky I am. You chose me of all people. I mean, I'm just me but you, you're so wonderful but then there's me and I am oh, so lucky.~

Well that's a wrap for this story. I hope that you guys liked it. It is my first story and I think that it turned out pretty good. I think that I did a pretty good job with keeping it updated and how long it is and I'm just giving myself a pat on the back for that. Like I said, I really really hope that everyone enjoyed this story, and I may make another story, but I don't really know. I may make one about someone else, but during the summer time when I actually I am not stressed with everything like soccer and school. Thanks so much(: