Chapter 43. A desirable and highly dignified title (the End)

The wedding had been an absolutely wonderful ceremony, with just friends and family invited.

Sammie thought that had meant a nice and small figure of about 20 people. How wrong she had been.

The reality had been different.

Friends and family to Mike and his band-mates meant, at least half of the people involved in the rock'n'roll industry today. But only the important ones, of course.

When she had heard that at least 300 were meant to attend, Sammie had almost fainted.

And then there were the press! The tabloids!

The news about Mike 'the Snake' Aaron having a daughter with an unknown woman had dropped like an atomic bomb in the papers, the reporters having an apoplectic fit about it, running around like crazy trying to get some kind of photo of her, and it had been just a matter of time before they had found out who she was.

Mike had been forced to fight the press with all that he got in order to keep Sammie out of it as much as possible, and for her to not get scared away by the attention.

Then as the press had realized that he also was about to marry the mother of his child, they got another apoplectic fit and another bomb dropped in the papers.

Sammie's mom and dad, as well as her brother had been stunned into chock when receiving the news from a very contrite Sammie, but then all of them had, after some serious recovery, come around. Hannah had been overjoyed, and she had instantly claimed her granddaughter for her own, something that Mikes mom, Rose, instantly told her to forget all about, both of them doing their best to try and spoil the little girl rotten from the very start.

Rose had warmed up to Sammie right away after she had learned from several people around her son, that she was in no way a gold-digger. She had been suspicious at first of course, given the circumstance that most ladies around her son strives as much for his money and fame as they do for his good looks and his sex appeal, but it had been Wesley that stilled her fears about that.

Wes was the one she trusted the most, he was Mikes oldest friend among the guys, and when he told her that Sammie was the love of Mikes life, she knew that he really believed what he was talking about.

The media attention had been as ridiculously large-scale as it had been unwelcome, and a few days later, tons of photos had flooded all of the biggest tabloids in the country. One or two of them even had sections in the paper where Nicole told everybody what she thought about the spectacle.

Mike had just snorted at it, not giving it a second thought.

Even 'Smut' had got his fair share of media attention as he had been seen together with a beautiful and sophisticated lady on several occasions, starting with the wedding. Media gnawing their teeth in their desperate search to find out who the lady in question was.

For crying out loud, the bad boy and womanizer had been seen holding hands! And kissing. . .in public!

The press had to do something.

A blurry photo of that had been front page news the week after.

At first Geena had been horrified, to the point of almost having a nervous breakdown, But as the days passed and turned into weeks, she had settled with it, and finally she had seen the humor in it.

First Wesley had been terrified that she would take off and run for the hills screaming, but as he had suspected, she was a lady with a lot of spunk. Another thing as well had him scared stiff, and that was how he felt about the lady in question. His feelings. Trying to ignore them, he realized, only made them worse.