Chapter 13. Time travel

Sam lay, for what seemed an eternity, and stared at the ceiling in her quarters.

After Mike  left, she  pleaded with Rusty to leave too, a pleading that had ranted on for several minutes before he'd given in to her begging eyes.

He was not at all happy to leave her alone after what she'd been through, what HER body had been through. He knew all to well the side effects of all kinds of different drugs out there.

With a dissatisfied grunt and some muttering of different kinds of colorful words, he reluctantly stepped out of her quarters, closing the door behind him, just to open it a second later to let her know that he was just outside if she needed him for anything...even if it was as simple as getting a glass of water.

She still had an awkward feeling inside. But if it was from the drug that probably still was  in her system, or if it was from the encounter with Mike, she did not know.

Either one of those situations were totally alien to her...especially the drug part.

Mike 'the Snake' Aaron part, however...

Gosh....just thinking of him, made her heartbeats rush. She swallowed and made a grimace as she tried in vain to erase his handsome face from her mind.

But she still saw him, his clear blue eyes looking at her with desire.

Okay... she had now officially gone totally bananas. Why on earth would he look at HER with desire?

Maybe because you want him to, duh? she thought to herself and almost at once clammed her mouth with one of her palms.

WANT HIM TO?

Even though she had not uttered a word, she laid there on her bed with widened eyes, her palm still covering her mouth, afraid that anybody had heard her . . . thoughts.

Aww...drat the bloody luck.

God how miserable she felt...she was falling for Mike Aaron. HA! What a joke. Just hysterical.

Her having even a remote chance with him were probably at the odds of a Zillion to one, or even less.

Gosh, it would probably be more easy to get a date with a king . . . from any country. 

She closed her eyes in despair, and she just wanted to go back in time. To the time just before this blasted festival, to the time where she was unaware of the qualities she now had discovered in Mike, to a time where she had thought of him as a conceited prick and idiot. That would be so much easier for her...because it would mean she wouldn't have to face her own feelings, and the best of it...she would not have to deal with them.

Ohhh, what she would give for a time travel right about now.

Deeply annoyed with herself, she kicked the blanket off of her and jostled herself up to sitting.

She stared at the wall in front of her...thinking.

Would she ever be able to meet the eyes of Mike Aaron again? Can she do that, knowing how she now feels about him?

She stood up, pulling both of her hands through her mass of long, dark hair, and then she moved over to the only window on the opposite wall. She checked her wristwatch. She looked outside. Then she checked her watch again.

What? This could not be right.

But she could swear she saw a glimpse of the sun rising behind one of the huge trucks in the backstage lot. And people was moving back and forth, disassembling parts of the biggest stage and some of the food tents. She had to check the time again...and now she was pretty darn sure.

She must have slept almost the whole night... because this was sure as hell the early morning hours of a backstage lot...she had been on this tour long enough to recognize it, how it worked.

No wonder there was no party left at Mikes quarters.

Smut, Squid and Speed were all probably sleeping the booze and the drugs off, before they were about to leave today.

Moving with slight difficulty, she opened the door and peered outside. A small chuckle escaped her as she saw the slumped down figure of Rusty sitting, in a not too comfortable position, sleeping soundly in a rickety chair. With careful steps she moved down to the ground and walked over to him to get a closer look.

He was kinda cute. Sitting there, snoring loudly and slumped down like a sack of potatoes.

She sat  down on the dewy grass outside her quarters, her head tilted slightly to the side.

Observing him, she realized he was the the only one she regarded as a true friend. Only friend.

Rusty.

Her mentor and, in a way, her knight in shining armor.

A small contentedly smile spread in her face, and she moved a little closer to him. Close enough to be able to lean her head on his lap. Collecting her mass of hair onto one of her shoulders, she lowered her head slowly to his lap, feeling the fabric of his pants caress her cheek.

The feeling of complete calm overwhelmed her and she closed her eyes, drifting away.