Melvin's motives

Foxy sighed. Why was it so hard to be cool in front of David? He gave her that sort of funny feeling. And that some sort of feeling was not good. Instead, it was bad for her. Her performance had been hindered ever since David came, and protecting him had become a bigger concern. He was the last alive minotaur prince, yet he kept putting his life in danger. If he was dead, then the whole balance of the Mystica world would be thrown off balance.

If all the minotaur princes were killed, then, then...

She dare not utter the consequences. It had already haunted her just by the very thought of it happening.

That rod was not hers. And also not Melvin's. She knew perfectly whose rod that was. That was David's rod. The source of all his power. Every minotaur prince had a special rod that would provide them with different powers. David had not yet discovered these new powers, though. Melvin was also slowly draining the rod of its power. Foxy face palmed. How could the last minotaur prince be THIS gullible?

But he had his share of near death experiences. Maybe she was being too hard on David. But how could she tell David? He was so close to Melvin right now, that she might as well be whispering into Melvin's ear.

Melvin and Foxy had a very long feud. She actually wasn't blind. It was a lie. It was all part of the big secret of who she really was. No one really knew. That was her deadliest weapon. She had many powers of her own, but she was not ready to share them to anyone, not even David.

A rustle of the bushes nearby jolted Foxy from her stream of consciousness. She came out from her hiding place and stood in the sunlight. The golden rays of sunlight filtered through white, fluffy clouds that seemed to be painted, the sky a big blue canvas. There were some birds flying by, dotting the white and blue sky with spots of black and brown.

"Why is it so hard to drag him? I thought he would be lighter." Foxy heard Melvin nearby. 

She ducked in and out of the forest rapidly, catching up with Melvin that was not far away. She arrived at the tree right next to Melvin, staring at what he was doing, half of her face visible between the branches of the tree.

"I know you're there, Foxy. Come out and don't be a coward." Melvin called out, looking at the direct location at where Foxy was standing, observing. She knew it was better to back down and stay there, out of sight. But Foxy felt something different in Melvin. A change in tone. He sounded like he was going to create a challenge with Foxy. And Foxy could never resist a challenge.

She stepped out of the trees and made herself visible.

"I knew you were there. I can see you, you know. Just was cautious whether that was an illusion." Melvin told Foxy.

"I challenge you to find these ingredients: A phoenix feather, a Barobone claw and a burbusa tooth. I will also be finding these ingredients. If you find these ingredients first, then you get to have the minotaur prince and his rod and I would disappear. If I win, I will take David and you will not be in my way ever. And you can't tell anyone about this." Melvin challenged.

"Deal." Foxy uttered the single word and eyed Melvin with a cautious look. "No cheating."

Sorry for writing fairly short chapters the previous chapters including this one. So have fun continuing to read my book! I hope you guys have an awesome and safe day ahead!! :DD