Chapter Forty Three: Success

"You look beautiful, love." Finn smiles wrapping his arms around me. " You look rather handsome yourself in your church clothes." I smile.

I chose a pastel blue dress that is church appropriate but also one that is very feminine. I am happy with my choice when I look in the mirror one more time before I slip on my heels.

" Ready?" I ask Finn who is wearing a darker blue dress shirt and black dress pants.

" Yes." He nods as we walk down stairs.

"You look lovely." Finn's mom smiles once we reach the bottom of the stairs.

" Okay we need to get there before the seats are filled." She orders the group and just like that every one takes off out of the house and runs to their cars to make it to their church for Easter Service.

Two hours later we finally make our way back to the O'Brian house. Finn's mom introduced me to just about every member of their church. Finn was annoyed but it was wonderful to have his mom introduce me as his fiance and have her actually smile when she did it.

" I am going to change and then offer to help." I smile walking upstairs with Finn right behind me.

" Do we have to go back down there?" He laughs laying on the bed. "Yes we leave tomorrow morning. You need to spend as much time with them as you can." I remind him.

"Unzip me please." I say lifting my hair up. " Thank you." I say kissing him before taking my dress off.

" We could take a nap." He grins. " Oh no, none of that not in your parents house." I shake my head. " I just got your mom to accept me. I don't want to push it." I frown.

I throw on a pair of skinny jeans and put on a tank top that is loose and flows. Still dressy but not overly dressy.

Finn changes into jeans and a tee shirt. He hangs up our clothes in their garment bags and we head back down stairs.

" You guys have a cook?" I ask as I watch someone preparing Easter dinner for the family.

"A few nights of the week." Finn says casually. " Okay." I shrug. " I am going to sneak outside and call my family." I say grabbing my phone out of my pocket. Finn goes into the living room with his brothers while I step out on the porch.

" Happy Easter!" I say when my mom answers." It's not the same with out you hear bug." My mom sighs. " I know Ma, but we will be there tomorrow. Which reminds me please make sure one of the boys will be there to pick us up. We get in at one p.m."

" The boys want to say hi. I will put you on speaker. Okay can you hear us Riley"

" Yes ma, Happy Easter!" I say into the phone. " Happy Easter Riley. How is it going? Are they be nice? Do you want to leave early?" Caleb asks. " It's fine. I will tell you about it tomorrow. I miss you guys." I say feeling tears come through. " Don't cry bug, you will see us tomorrow." My mom says her voice starting to crack. " I know. It's just not the same." I say letting out a heavy sigh. " Well I love you guys I will see you tomorrow. Please remember to pick us up at the airport." I remind them again before they all say they love us and hang up.

I wipe my eyes and enjoy the sunshine. The spring day is the warmest we have had and it feels nice.

" I didn't know anyone was out here. " Emily says looking at me and the door.

" I had to call my family to wish them a Happy Easter." I smile holding my phone up.

" Oh, So you have three brothers too?" She asks sitting on the step above mine.