Chapter Sixty Eight: Meet & Greet

"Riley you look beautiful, love. Stop worrying." Finn reassures me from the bathroom door way.
     At least I look pretty in the lace dress. I think as I look myself over in the mirror again. I don't feel it though. I feel anxious.

  "Easy for you to say." I frown looking at him.
"Today is a day to celebrate. After Mass we will head to the restaurant and then people will come congratulate us give us gifts. We will eat food and then come back here to sleep until our flight tomorrow." He smiles at me.
    "Okay we can do this." I say walking out of the bathroom.

   "Ashley and Logan are in the hall waiting on us." He says leading me to the hall way.
   "You look cute!" Ashley and I both say to each other at the same time, which causes us to start giggling.
   "It's finally happened they are now one mind." Logan shakes his head as we walk to the elevator.
   "Are you ready for this?" She asks smoothing out her light pink dress.
   "An hour of Mass and then another three hours of smiling. Yep we can do this" I smile as we walk off the elevator towards the black suburban that is waiting outside the hotel for us.

   Mass is long but thankfully Finn's mom is in too much of a hurry to get to the wedding shower to stay and talk to everyone.

   We follow Finn's parents to their restaurant. People are already starting to arrive. The parking lot starts to fill up pretty quick as we are ushered inside. The whole restaurant is closed from our shower.
We are seated at a table and mimosas are served with fresh fruit along with a variety of different baked goods. The four of us fill little plates and start to pick at the food. We are starving. The drinking last night did not help.

"Riley this is my cousin Ally and Ally this is Riley." Finn begins the process of many introductions. Each friend and family members greet us and Finn continues the introduction process. I have no idea who anyone is. I won't be able to remember everyone's name but in do my best to try and repeat every name after Finn says it. I smile, I hug and laugh with each guest. Just when we would sit down his mom would bring another group of relatives for us to greet.

"There's my favorite couple." Christopher smiles walking up with Brooke.
"Christopher." I smile hugging him.
"How is it going?" Brooke gives me a sympathetic look.
   "Overwhelming." I admit. "Ours was too. At least you will have some familiar faces at the wedding. You may not remember their names, but you will remember their faces." She laughs.

  "God I love you." I smile hugging her again. "You are going to make me cry Riley." She sighs as she pulls away. "What are your plans after this?" I ask both her and Christopher.

" We are on the 8 p.m. flight back to Chicago. Christopher is on duty tomorrow and I miss the girls." She smiles. " I bet! I miss those two little bugs. We don't leave until tomorrow morning." I shrug.

  "So this is what it is like to be a part of a big family?" Ashley says as she looks around. " Yep." Brooke and I both nod. " Just think maybe next year we will be doing this for you and Logan." I grin.

"Shh don't give him ideas." She laughs looking around to make sure Logan isn't around.
"Crap! She found me." Ashley says slapping on a fake smile as Logan's mom approaches.

"Ashley! I have been looking all over for you. Come with me there are some people you must meet." She says pulling her away.

Brooke and I laugh as Ashley looks back at us mouthing help at us.
"She was afraid she wouldn't like her." I sigh.
"Logan um you may want to rescue your girlfriend." I nod towards Ashley and his mom.

"Fuck. I swear she will be planning our wedding by the time we are done here." He mumbles walking towards them.

"He seems happy."I wrinkle my nose at Brooke. " This is going to be a long day." She sighs grabbing a mimosa. " Good idea." I smile grabbing one for myself.