Chapter 3

This room was more elegant than what I had seen earlier. The room was painted in complete white, to the right was a book shelf in black, to the left was a huge glass door that led to the balcony which had a single black sofa and a small table. Infront of me was a glass topped table with black wooden legs. Totally distinct. I wanted to observe more about the room but before I could do that, I heard a strong feminine voice that ordered me to sit. 

Sarah Winter's was sitting on a chair beyond the table. I nodded and walked to sit on the chair opposite hers. I sat there for nearly two or three minutes, and she hadn't looked at me even once. My nerves were killing me, so in order to calm down I started observing her. She looked beautiful, smart and elegant in her navy blue coloured dress. Her blonde hair was slightly curled, a diamond ring on her ring finger reminded me that she was engaged to billionaire Mike Jamson. Her blue eyes were focused on the file which she held in front of her face,and once in a while she would bite her red painted lips as though remembering something. I felt uneasy sitting there having nothing to do, while my CEO was busy doing something.  

As though sensing my discomfort, she looked at me and gave a small smile, totally business like I thought as I smiled back. 

"Vallerie Walters, from the general section" 

"Yes", I wanted it to come out as confident, but it sounded more like a squeak. 

"Call me Sarah and I'll call you Vallerie, so now that were on the first name basis, I would like to ask you some questions. All you have to do is answer to the point. No elaborate answers please", she said rubbing her temples. 

"Oh ok", I couldn't get myself to call her by her first name.  

"Good, now that's understood, how do you rate yourself on scale of 10 as a writer", she asked looking straight at me. 

" A seven may be", in any other circumstances I would have said a complete 10, but with her eyes eating into me, all I could tell was the truth of how I really felt. 

Sarah raised her eyebrows, a small smile playing her lips.  

"Do you have a boyfriend", this time it was my turn to raise my eyebrow's. When did having or not having a boyfriend become an interview question I thought. I really don't like sharing my personal life with someone I don't know, but what could I do, she was my Boss. 

"No", I replied softly. She made me all the more uncomfortable.  

"Good", she replied, keeping the file down and getting up to pace around. 

What the hell, if only my mom had heard her right now, she would have made Sarah her punching bag. 

The thought made me want to laugh loudly, but I controlled myself and looked at Sarah, who by now was standing facing the glass doors leading to the balcony. 

She turned around abruptly and fired her next question at me. 

"Did you love anyone?", she asked. 

Okay, the questions became too personal now, but I went on to answer no. I wanted to fall in love and for some reason I did not find the right guy to fall for. 

"What do you think about relationships?", she asked crossing her hands over her chest. 

"I.... I haven't given it a much thought, I mean well my mom and me share a good understanding, and we", I went to continue but she stopped me. 

"Vallerie, I ll be more specific, not the mom daughter, or bro - sis or any of those relationships. I mean what do you think about relationships between a guy and girl who are together?". 

"Oh I.... I think.... I... Well if a girl and guy are together then it means their relationship is strong, isn't it", I said feeling lost. How will I know about relationship. The only time I had a boyfriend was during my school and during my freshman year in college. But all of them were somewhat temporary. There wasn't much fire or anything to it. We hung out and later broke up. It did feel sad when breaking up, but not something where I would kill myself. Stacey tried to set me up with someone everytime we went on a double date. She with her boyfriend Mark and me with a different guy everytime. I had been on a double date with almost half of Mark's friends and I simply regretted not having made any of them as my boyfriend. May be then I could have answered all the stupid questions Sarah was asking. 

I looked at Sarah, who like me was lost in her own thought. She was involuntary rubbing her engagement ring. When she saw me looking at her, she composed immediately. Her boss character had taken over her.  

"What do you think about love?", she asked as she made her way to the chair. 

"I don't know". I was getting upset with myself. I knew nothing about love. Yes, I've seen happy couples all around me, and there were times I felt jealous of them, but never did I think deeply of what made them fall for each other. I sighed not knowing what else to do. 

"Okay Vallerie, you can go now and send Mr Alexander Mahome on your way out", she said writing something into the file. I just realised that it was my file, and hell, all this interview was for the new assignment. If only I knew that before. may be I could have done better,actually way better than how badly I did it now. I felt angry at myself for being so stupid, why else will a chief editor call unless she's giving some big assignment. Feeling helpless I heard my name being called, I stopped and turned around. 

"Thanks for the advice on curls, I was bored with straight hair and curls just make me look better", she said smiling. This time it was not business like. It was genuine.  

Not a bitchy Boss I thought, smiled back and walked out. That was the only good thing about the whole interview. 

Once I was out I saw Alex busy flirting with Jane. Alex straightened up, as soon as he saw me.  

"Don't you have some receptionist work to do?", I asked Jane. She simply glared at me and walked out. I smiled at her retreating figure.  

"Your called in", I said pointing to Alex. 

"What is it all about?", he asked making his tie proper. 

"You'll know", I said and turned to leave. I heard him calling me a bitch as he walked towards the door.  

I was not someone to take names simply, "Asshole", I replied loudly. We both heard a small chuckle coming from the room, as Alex had already  half opened it. Both our faces turned pale. 

I looked at Alex, who had composed himself by now, and before going inside he gave me an angry look.  

Okay that wasn't good, first I screw up my interview, second I call Alex an asshole which Sarah heard, jeopardising not only mine but his interview as well.

************************************************************************************************************

Hey Angels...

Thats two updates in a day.... 

Imagine someone interviewing you the same questions.... Embarassing n creepy ryt....

Hope you liked it... If you did... then do vote n comment n fan... Dont be shy.... just press on the orange button to the top ryt.... :) :)